The Orc [Fan-Fic] (Chapter 2)

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gambit
Loose Screw

Re: The Orc [Fan-Fic] (Chapter 2)

Post by Gambit »

Grimward wrote:Yes, Urukai has been replaced by Vidarok.
Well you've gone from very close to one famous bad guy, to very close to another [less famous] one.
This one doesn't sound particularly orcish either. I think it's the V. Orc language is much harder than that.
A-Red
Art Contributor

Post by A-Red »

I'm pretty sure there are Vs in the orcish language, but I don't have the names list in front of me right now. Easy enough to check.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Lots of them. The latter third of the list, actually.
Sorry. Nevermind.
Grimward

Post by Grimward »

Ahah, well at least it is only vaguely similar, not as striking as Urukai. I still can’t believe I missed the connection. I must admit though, I have never heard of this Visorak person. Anyways, I have accustomed myself to the name Vidarok. I got the name, and the majority of the other orcish names (to come) from a list of orc names I got with the aid of Google. Thank you, however, for pointing out the resemblance. Its always good for people to point out details. I hope you enjoy the tale.
Icarusvogel

Post by Icarusvogel »

Hm... the second chapter was interesting, but I think that orcs care quite a lot about the survival of their species, not about killing each over...
...then again, this is still BW, so there we go.
You are a Necromancer - Intelligent and powerful, yet reclusive and misunderstood, you dabble in dark arts that everyone else can only dream of.