Magic: The Gathering

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JW

Re: Magic: The Gathering

Post by JW »

Doc Paterson wrote:
JW wrote:God....I sunk way too much money into that crap for nothing.....and I still have all the cards. Thousands. Tens of thousands.
Maybe you should send them to me. ;)
I've got full sets, some decent decks, cards from Revised to Mirrodin expansions (I think that's my last group). I haven't checked how much they're all worth, but if you got 1,200 US they're all yours. :wink:

1k for a friend. :wink:
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

what I hate most is that at some point you don't need any lands, standard or even silver cards. So to get one gold card you have to buy a whole booster pack with all that crap that can be thrown to thrash. I wonder how rich guys from Wizard's (or whatever their name was) are. I mean, how much does it cost you to print a card? I know, you have to add artwork, marketing and stuff, but still :hmm:
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

I've been playing since 93...that's right, since I could read (kindergarten/first grade). The first deck I owned was from mirage. I stopped a bit at CoK, as I disliked non rare legendaries, and the flip cards. I've stopped again, due to the creeping over-powerment of modern cards...

I used to own an elf deck based around slate of ancestry and infinite loops using seed-cradle witch, but it got stolen (big surprise) this summer. It was the only deck I have that can still compete w/ more modern decks.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

Only a bit.

I liked the cards and the artwork on them, but as for the game itself...

Well, it seemed to me at times that people could easilly win by just having better cards regardless of skill. Perhaps this is not so, but it seemed like it. I progressed to the Yu-Gi... that other one that I said stuff about before and had my post deleted. This I found more fun because of the hours I spent trying to figure out what the hell the inscrutible second-language english instructions meant. I never really leart to play that game, but I maintain that it's not about playing the game, it's about buying the cards.

Later I just decided to make my own cards... so far I've yet to find the time or the talent.
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.