To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.8 - a huge update!

Post by inferno8 »

Gryfonides wrote: July 18th, 2023, 7:55 pm I have finished the campiagn on default mode a month back, I was wondering how big of a difference in missions and story does 'badass mode' add, whatever it's worth another playthrough this soon or should I wait more.
The next update will probably feature an alternative (badass mode exclusive) final mission, so if I were you, I'd probably wait. But on the other hand I am currently preoccupied working on Era of Magic updates, so I cannot exactly tell when the new version comes out. Winter maybe.

If you can't wait that long, then feel free to play the campaign on badass mode anytime you want. The add-on is already in a fairly good state right now. It would be a good idea to keep your saves though, so that once the new scenario is out, you'll be able to jump into the new content quickly, without having to replay everything from scratch.
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Josh

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.8

Post by Josh »

This campaign has been around since 2010, and somehow I've never played it until now?!?!

This adventure is phenomenally incredible graphically of course, but the story and even more so the tone and lore are extremely inventive as well. Bravo all around, I hope there's a sequel someday.
needmoreplayers

addon

Post by needmoreplayers »

different players say that lu is the best campaign out of all of them, in game and probably anywhere else, that none compares

so ofc that means this campaign likely being better than all campaign including default campaign should be in the default game

in 'campagin' (aka: singleplayer campagin), there are no errors
in 'multiplayer > local game, there are no errors
in 'multiplayer > join offical, theres a very long list of 'Multiple [unit_type]s with id' errors

error config: Multiple [unit_type]s with id=EoMa_Fallen_Cyclops_King_rpg encountered.

this is with few addons mods installed (but those were checked to work together fine before each additional and subsequent addon)

default era was picked and have no idea if needed to pick 'era of magic' or not since it doesn't say that anywhere in this addon
Last edited by needmoreplayers on December 24th, 2023, 1:20 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ForestDragon

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.8 - a huge update!

Post by ForestDragon »

needmoreplayers wrote: December 13th, 2023, 6:36 am so ofc that means this campaign likely being better than all campaign including default campaign should be in the default game
I agree that it is better, but it definitely won't be included in mainline (it would require adding all of Era of Magic to mainline too). But to be honest, it doesn't need to be - as an add-on it can be much more easily updated, and the creative freedom is in the hands of inferno8 rather than default game devs.
needmoreplayers wrote: December 13th, 2023, 6:36 am in 'campagin' (aka: singleplayer campagin), there are no errors
in 'multiplayer > local game, there are no errors
in 'multiplayer > join offical, theres a very long list of 'Multiple [unit_type]s with id' errors

error config: Multiple [unit_type]s with id=EoMa_Fallen_Cyclops_King_rpg encountered.
This is because you are trying to load it in multiplayer, and the game tries to load the units with Era of Magic itself, and then TLU tries to load the same units again. Running a singleplayer campaign in MP is only really useful if you want to spawn other era's units in debug.
needmoreplayers wrote: December 13th, 2023, 6:36 am forgot what skill lvl and difficulty i put it on, but everything seemed very reasonable and fair

very good and positive and wow like impression
Agreed.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.9

Post by inferno8 »

To Lands Unknown 3.9 has been released!
tlu3.9promo.gif
tlu3.9promo.gif (1.34 MiB) Viewed 3091 times
This release brings a plethora of new features, improvements and enhancements, ensuring an even more immersive and engaging experience.

Important: Make sure to update your Era of Magic installation to version 4.6 first, as this is a requirement for playing TLU 3.9. Without the latest EoMa update, the campaign may not function correctly.

Here are the key highlights of the 3.9 update:

24fps Standing Animations + new Rashti Animations:
All custom units available only in TLU (including Rashti) now boast smooth 24fps standing animations, adding a touch of realism to your battles. These animations were long overdue, but they are finally here!

Both Rashti and True Rashti have also received comprehensive animation upgrades, including movement and attack animations. And, oh boy, has this been a wait! These units have been missing these essential animations since 2010, but no more! They are now complete.

Non-Combat Variants and New Lines of Dialogue:
Non-combat variants of Rashti and True Rashti have been introduced, specifically for dialog-only cutscenes or other situations where their appearance matters. Additionally, many lines of dialogue have been improved across scenarios, particularly for Rashti (thanks to ForestDragon's excellent writing skills). The badass gameplay mode has also received new lines of dialogue, making it even more enjoyable to play!

Jinni the Summoner and Improved AMLAs:
it is now possible to get a Jinni who can summon other units at some point in the story. Also the After Max Level Advancements (AMLA) for Mehir and Rashti have been overhauled in some places - now these upgrades will make more sense from the gameplay perspective.

Scenarios Rebalancing and New Units:
All scenarios involving Barbarians have been rebalanced to account for their increased mobility on sand introduced in Era of Magic 4.6, and we've added new units from recent EoMa updates to various scenarios to spice things up. Get ready to face fresh challenges and enemies!

Screen Fading Technique and Special Thanks:
To Lands Unknown 3.9 now utilizes a new screen fading technique available in the 1.17 version of the game. This innovative feature adds an extra layer of realism and depth to your gaming experience. A heartfelt thanks to Mesilliac for bringing this enhancement to life! As someone who has been eagerly awaiting such an improvement since 2010, I cannot express how delighted I am to see it finally become a reality. Thank you so much! ;)

I am also grateful to ForestDragon for his exceptional contributions to the project. Not only did he breathe new life into Rashti's dialogue, giving her even more personality and charisma, but he also provided valuable support with coding issues. From bug fixes to optimization, ForestDragon's efforts have significantly enhanced the overall quality of the campaign. My sincere appreciation goes out to him for his dedication and expertise. Thank you! :)

TLU 3.9 is likely the final major update for the 1.16 stable version of Battle for Wesnoth. Get ready for even more exciting stuff in TLU 3.10, featuring exclusive 'achievements'! That update will become available for BfW 1.18 so stay tuned for more details! :D

If you like the world of Era of Magic and wish to support the development of future campaigns like TLU, you can do so at:
https://ko-fi.com/inferno8

Oh, and by the way, ForestDragon asked me to share with you one of his EoMa jokes, this time about TLU. So here it is (warning: major TLU spoilers):
Spoiler:
Full 3.9 changelog:

Code: Select all

Version 3.9

- General
	* it is now possible to get a Jinni who can summon other units (see S15 changelog entry)
	* added a warning about consequences of using custom modifications

-Graphics
	* the campaign uses the new [screen_fade] technique in versions above 1.17.22
	* campaign-specific units now have 24fps standing animations
	* both Rashti and True Rashti have movement and attack animations now
	* added non-combat variants for both Rashti and True Rashti

- Items
	* golden carpet no longer gives hit and run (since Carpet Master now has an AMLA that gives hit and run anyway), and now also explicitly states that it gives 1 AMLA if already at max level (so it's now a feature instead of bug)
	* fixed incorrect filter for the 'cap of power' artifact - now it can be equipped on regular Grand Summoners

- Units & Abilities
	* Rashti: XP from 200 to 120; replaced 'regenerates +8' with 'regenerates +9'
	* True Rashti: XP from 250 to 150; changed summon costs
	* Last Summoner: blade/impact/pierce resistance from 10% to 15%; the ultimate circle now heals and regenerates +12 instead of +8 HP per turn; the unit now summons lvl2 elementals instead of lvl1 ones; replaced 'magical' with 'very skilled' for all melee attacks to new match Summon Master's stats

- AMLAs
	* removed Mehir's 'doom scrolling' AMLA (its effect is now merged with the circle of destruction first strike AMLA)
	* renamed Mehir's 'give to the poor' AMLA to 'resourceful'
	* Rashti's strength AMLA now applies the following effects '+2 scimitar damage, +4 spear damage, +20% XP' instead of '+10% melee damage'
	* Rashti's magic AMLA now applies the following effects '+2 fireball damage, +3 iceball damage, +6 lightbeam damage, +20% XP' instead of '+10% magic damage'
	* removed Rashti's 'intellect' AMLA as part of rebalancing her XP
	* Rashti's majesty AMLA now increases max XP by 33%
	* added a regular HP AMLA for Rashti
	* removed the 'spawn gates' AMLA from the Last Summoner

- Scenarios
	> scenario 00 - Prologue:
		* enabled the 'cutscene_minimal' theme in the scenario
		* water elemental is now 1g cheaper
		* minor improvements
	> scenario 02 - Central Palace:
		* added some badass-exclusive lines
	> scenario 04 - Southern Nations:
		* changed some impassable tiles to unwalkable ones
		* Roc Tamer is now used instead of Roc Master on most difficulties (hard still uses roc master)
		* rebalanced the scenario around barbarians having 1 movecost on sand and better sand defense
	> scenario 05 - Jungle of Life:
		* replaced Jungle Guardians with Temple Guards
	> scenario 06 - Fire Canyon:
		* fixed a bug where the scenario could not be finished under certain circumstances in badass mode
		* rebalanced the scenario around barbarians having 1 movecost on sand and better sand defense
	> scenario 08 - Ka-Gatta:
		* decreased the turn limit on all difficulties
	> scenario 10 - Chaos:
		* Dimensional Gates are no longer affected by the portal
		* improved some lines of dialog
	> scenario 11 - Message:
	> scenario 14 - Tar-Tabar:
	> scenario 15 - Abyssal Rebellion:
		* if the player wins the scenario with Wonderful or Mystical Jinni present on the map, that Jinni will become capable of summoning other units in the next scenarios
		* various dialog improvements
	> scenario 16 - Defense of Saffaros:
		* enabled the fast_ai in the scenario
		* Dedylos can now recruit javelineers and heavy cavalry
		* improved hydra waves
		* added a special RGB Hydra event in badass mode
		* minor map tweaks
	> scenario 18 - The City of Light:
	> scenario 19 - Sky Kingdom:
		* improved the 'teleport' help
		* added loyal trait to Golden Mages
		* added a Titan Golem to the map
	> scenario 21 - Skydock:
		* Magical Eyes are now completely immobilized
		* replaced some golems with Titan Golems
	> scenario 22 - North Pole:
		* Ums now get a frozen defense bonus just like other units
		* added a message about units becoming loyal from now on
	> scenario 23 - Ruins:
		* improved dialog
		* summoned units are now loyal too
		* improved enemy waves algorithm
		* enemy waves include new unit types
	> scenario 24 - Epilouge:
		* added a message about the possibility of supporting the campaign development via donations
- Code
	* used FLYING_SUMMON_FILTER macro for summonable flying units
	* Fire Elemental can no longer be summoned on water; Water Elemental can no longer be summoned on Q*
	* tweaks related to wmlindent
	* refactored S00 code
	* dropped support for cutscene playback in safe mode
	* removed some unused attributes when spawning units in some scenarios
	* fixed issues with Mehir's portrait
	* added the loyal trait to various units where it made sense
	* loyal code refactor
	* the campaign relies on [load_resource] now
	* prepared the campaign code for the addition of Master Banisher in the future
	* other minor improvements
Creator of Era of Magic

Computer_Player
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Computer_Player »

Need some herlp here please. I am encountering this error when playing the 1st and 2nd scenario. The first as soon as the start, while in the 2nd, when I tried to recall my units from the first scenario. The error is a persistent one since using :clear command clears the screen, but makes it appear again almost immediately.

I have tried uninstalling and installing the add-on to no avail. Much appreciated.
Attachments
Untitled.png
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Computer_Player wrote: February 18th, 2024, 12:47 am I am encountering this error when playing the 1st and 2nd scenario. The first as soon as the start, while in the 2nd, when I tried to recall my units from the first scenario. The error is a persistent one since using :clear command clears the screen, but makes it appear again almost immediately.
Try updating Era of Magic to the latest 4.6.2 version and then restart the campaign. Do not load old saves - they contain buggy wml. Hope this helps. ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

`wesnoth.scenario.era.id or ""` is intended to avoid this issue, but looks like it needs to be written as `(wesnoth.scenario.era or {id=""}).id`. I never did much testing in singleplayer.

If we fix the Lua line then old savefiles start working again, file-based Lua is always taken from addon file instead of savefile.

Fixed.
phos21

Post by phos21 »

I want to share a bug.
1. at South Nations and Fire Canyon scenario, Mehir's max XP doesn't increase sometime when he do AMLA.
2. after Fire Canyon, Begin of the Ka-gatta, level 3 Mehir's movement is 3, not recoverd.

condition :
combat : Predictable RNG (same error occured at Biased RNG)
difficulty : hard
mode : badass mode
I always choice 'Max HP bonus +5, MAX XP +10%' after choice movement, +3 damage to magic.

Now I'm gonna reinstall TLU, just play Normal RNG, normal mode
wish me luck...