Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Delicius169

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Delicius169 »

When comparing theese two unit´s firebal.
Basic stats:
Duelist wizzard 27-1fireball explosive
Elder mage 16-5 fireball atack

Duelist wizzard clasical AMLA on fireball adds him +3damage
Elder mage clasical AMLA on fireball adds +1 damage, but can add 1 strike. And he has fire resistance penetration (30)=1,3*his basic damage (if I am corect). He has AMLA- which give explosive, but gives -7 damage on fireballs (which is bad option)
In both those cases, if you use book of fireballs, you will get much more further. You can get +5 strikes.

I think, even though using book of fireballs, Duelist wizzard will be much stronger in throwing fireballs (he has AMLA 15%convinction (=-15%resistances to all enemies).

But it isnt the normal way how to play.

Still by looking on Elder mage, I would suggest changing his Unearthly lighting attack from arcane on lighting, and of course his resistance penetrations too.
Same thing I suggest on Particle strom attack of Lethalia, and Efraim. It should be the Ultimate attack, and demons have good resistances against arcane. (probably lowering basic damage, though)
Attachments
elder wizzard.JPG
elder wizzard.JPG (22.95 KiB) Viewed 3859 times
duelist wizzard.JPG
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Okay, so I have added an AMLA option to Elder Mage that allows him to change the damage type of his lightning attack to deal lightning damage instead of arcane. I have changed the damage type of particle storm to lightning. Because it had very similar effects than thunder, I have removed thunder and removed it from requirements (if your Efraim or Lethalia already has thunder, they won't be able to advance it anymore and the max redeem count will not increase next time they advance their redeem).
nuorc wrote:Also, if an ethereal ghost can carry or wear anything (like an amulet or a helmet), why shouldn't it be able to wear heavy plate?
Amulet is a small thing. Their ability to wear helmets was a bug.
Whiskeyjack wrote:Do you intend to just buff the existing legacies or do you want to add new possibilities as well?
The legacy rebalance discussion happened in the past and the changes were done. The prepared version has one new legacy. It's a melee oriented one.
noimbecile

Post by noimbecile »

The 'precious eagle cactus fruit' doesn't kick in the heals +40 ability when equipped on a unit with an existing healing ability (the healing ability stays at whatever the old value was)
One Add-on to rule them all, and in the Darkness bind them.

LOTI: Played version 2.1.16 and 3.1.13.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Fixed. Thanks for reporting.
arobinson

Post by arobinson »

Hey Dugi, been a while. Decided to play again after a long time. I've noticed that in the hero lich advancements (soul eating ones) I'm being offered the penetrate ones even though I already have them (arcane_penetrate, cold_penetrate for example).

Looks like it is the wrong variables in the soul_eater.cfg:

Code: Select all

[if]
                                        [variable]
                                            name=eater.modifications.advance[$i].id
                                            equals="cold_penetrate"
                                        [/variable]
                                        [then]
                                            {VARIABLE has.leadership 1}
                                        [/then]
                                    [/if]
                                    [if]
                                        [variable]
                                            name=eater.modifications.advance[$i].id
                                            equals="arcane_penetrate"
                                        [/variable]
                                        [then]
                                            {VARIABLE has.cold_penetrate 1}
                                        [/then]
                                    [/if]
Thanks
Running Wesnoth 1.12.4 on Mac OSX 10.10
Campaigns:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thanks for looking into it. It will be fixed from the next version on.
Kymille

Post by Kymille »

The description for the "Heart of Ice" armor says ranged attacks should get the slow special ability but they don't.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It doesn't affect attacks identified as spells, such as fireball. It does affect arrows, thrown knives and so on.
Zike

Post by Zike »

I am playing on iPhone and am having trouble with efraim's advancements. Whenever he kills someone and it goes to the advancement screen it fills up the whole screen so I can't get out of it. I've been able to get through several scenarios by not letting him fight or whirling but I'm on the kings layer scenario now and can't get past it because of it.
Is there anything I can try so I can continue playing?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Unfortunately, no. It was discussed here in the past and we have found no solution. iPhone players suffer from this problem, its maintainer does not seem to be working anymore. I can't replace him. iOS is quite a limiting platform and many tricks that work on standard computers don't help. All I can suggest you is to minimalise Efraim's and Lethalia's kill count.
arobinson

Post by arobinson »

Looks like there is a lua error with the Akula dungeon.

Code: Select all

...Lua error in micro_ai_helper.lua:29: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...s/Legend_of_the_invincibles/ai/micro_ai_wml_tag_fast.lua.137: in function 'cmd'
Attachments
LotI1-Entrance.gz
Save game with error
(255.16 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Campaigns:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Sorry, that wasn't a very good bug report. You should not have shortened that stack traceback, now it looks like something that is aleady known and fixed on my computer. I could not replicate it using that save file as you gave me no no additional information. If it was supposed to happen very soon, then the reason why I could not replicate it is that it's already fixed in my version.

Welcome back, arobinson.
arobinson

Post by arobinson »

Sorry about that Dugi. Here would be the full stack. I'm not running in debug mode, so I don't have the console output, just a screen shot.
Attachments
Screen shot of stack trace.
Screen shot of stack trace.
Campaigns:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Something might be in stderr.txt (if you don't use Windows, then you'll get nothing without command line). Anyway, a screenshot is totally fine, it's only to be read by humans anyway.

That one looks like a scenario startup bug that was already fixed on my version. Thanks anyway.
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

Black soul lethargy weapon special: is it intended that the debuff converges into permanent -1 to all damage? As many turn passes, the struck unit has still -1 to damage because of rounding down in the recovery formula thus any recovering from that penalty stops at this point yielding a permanent -1 all damage debuff. Rounding up during the recovery instead should fix this problem with minimal side-effects.