Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
4%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 248

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

That would make many scenarios very hard for other players.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:@nuorc
Which author?
That would be you. I meant to collect a few things for a pn, but since you asked... ;)

I suggest to modify the walkthrough text slightly:
Spoiler:
Misc:
Spoiler:
PS: I think the catapults in Another Orcish Assault should have an attack sound to their bombardment animation.
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

nuorc wrote:That would be you.
Me? Nah. This wasn't written by me. I have an alibi.
nuorc wrote:You could even mention that Phil's no help with that.
I have not written anywhere that Phil can read, don't blame this on me.
nuorc wrote:What do cursed arrows do? I see less damage but don't know the advantage.
There's no such item on the item list. Maybe you have guessed the English version wrongly?
nuorc wrote:Can Soulless actually level up? (I had one with blue XP but the unit description didn't tell.)
Yes, he does. Level 2 soulless is The Flying Spaghetti Monster.
nuorc wrote:I named a unit '*knock knock*', but in alt-u and the recall list it shows as 'knock knock*'; would that be a bug, or does one simply not name a unit starting with an asterisk?
Add-ons have no control over that, I guess that it doesn't allow asterisks at the beginning of names. You should take your soldiers more seriously and respect their dignity with naming, they bleed for you.
nuorc wrote: I only meant to play a bit with Gaol and accidentally killed him on first contact (the damage calculation doesn't include Phil's counters); I should have lost but didn't. See live footage of this shocking event at:
This is weird.
nuorc wrote: When doom was available for my Lichking it didn't show up in his weapons list; I think it's a real nuisance when it doesn't show in the AMLA screen what an option actually does.
It's not possible to make it show without really crazy hacks. I would better not merge the two words of Lich King, together it looks very much like licking.
nuorc wrote:PS: I think the catapults in Another Orcish Assault should have an attack sound to their bombardment animation.
I'll add a dialogue line explaining that they've used stealth spells on it.
nuorc wrote:I have a cunning plan.
Is it as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on, and is now working for the UN at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning?
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:There's no such item on the item list.
Well, they're not only cursed, but also arcane. So, what do cursed arcane arrows do?

Dugi wrote:Yes, he does. Level 2 soulless is The Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Guess there wouldn't be a point asking why it wasn't in the help.
Spoiler:
Dugi wrote: You should take your soldiers more seriously and respect their dignity with naming, they bleed for you.
Nah, they dont's. The undead are cool with getting nicknames; but I'm sure the Reaper in question will acknowledge your stance on this when he comes a-knockin' at your door. :D

Dugi wrote:
nuorc wrote: I only meant to play a bit with Gaol and accidentally killed him on first contact (the damage calculation doesn't include Phil's counters); I should have lost but didn't. See live footage of this shocking event at:
This is weird.
Could it be that happens when I kill him with parry?

What about
- Phillip AMLAs (without the legacy option) before reaching maximum level; I know he's special, so is this intended or should I try to produce a save file?

In chapter VI, after Lethalia
Spoiler:
As I'm not a fan of that (anymore), I was wondering if you could maybe make it an AMLA option again? Or make the removal an option?

Dugi wrote:Is it as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on, and is now working for the UN at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning?
I believe it's as slick as picking a licking with the Lichking, digging into rigging his frigging fridge.
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

nuorc wrote:Well, they're not only cursed, but also arcane. So, what do cursed arcane arrows do?
Which unit's AMLA is that?
nuorc wrote:Guess there wouldn't be a point asking why it wasn't in the help.
Yes, because the help is a mess and I can do nothing about that. Anything slightly nonstandard will break it.
nuorc wrote:Reaper in question will acknowledge your stance on this when he comes a-knockin' at your door.
As long as he doesn't ask me to sell my soul to Jesus, give my money to Witnesses of Jezebel and ritually murder a close relative of mine who lives thanks to blood transfusion, it's all right.
nuorc wrote:Could it be that happens when I kill him with parry?
It would look so, but when looking at the code, it appears that it shouldn't.
nuorc wrote:Phillip AMLAs (without the legacy option) before reaching maximum level; I know he's special, so is this intended or should I try to produce a save file?
Ah, I have forgotten about that one. My deepest apologies.
nuorc wrote:As I'm not a fan of that (anymore), I was wondering if you could maybe make it an AMLA option again? Or make the removal an option?
It is available, just not unlocked from the start. Their advancements were purged because they were relying on black magic and they no longer use it. Or try to cease to use it.
nuorc wrote:I believe it's as slick as picking a licking with the Lichking, digging into rigging his frigging fridge.
:lol:
nuorc wrote: Phillip AMLAs (without the legacy option) before reaching maximum level; I know he's special, so is this intended or should I try to produce a save file?
No, it's intended.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:Which unit's AMLA is that?

Code: Select all

#. [advancement]: id=arcane
#: units/Soul_Shooter.cfg:267
msgid "able to shoot cursed arcane arrows"
Dugi wrote:It is available, just not unlocked from the start. Their advancements were purged because they were relying on black magic and they no longer use it. Or try to cease to use it.
No. It is available, or better forced on me, after that incident I described above ("Scenario 14 (Frozen Land)"). I'd like not to use it, a great help would be if you weren't pesting my primary attack with that AoE.

Dugi wrote::lol:
Thx; but I meant to put in another word...
Spoiler:
I have a cunning plan.
rytas

Post by rytas »

Dugi wrote:It's weird that the weaker one overrides the stronger one, but I guess that it's the way the game works, I have not touched anything around this.
FYI "The Touch Of God" with despair(40) on Calcy (KtK) with haunting(20) results in the net effect of leadership=-20 (ie, also does not work)

Whats worse, if 2 units with different levels of despair/haunting get on the same target, the effect is of the lesser one..
Last edited by rytas on May 4th, 2016, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@rytas I suppose it's due to allies wanting the highest leadership. If the code does not distinguish between ally and enemy, enemies will also get the highest leadership, which is the least negative and the worst for us. It's annoying when my seer with 70% arcane penetrate is with someone with 5% penetrate, and so does 65% less damage... :(
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Srsly guys, you favor Beezelbub?

How's that to tie in story-wise?

And what about players who struggle to finish sth, and along comes some über-enemy?

I'm totally not feeling it.
I have a cunning plan.
rytas

Post by rytas »

matsjoyce wrote:@rytas I suppose it's due to allies wanting the highest leadership. If the code does not distinguish between ally and enemy, enemies will also get the highest leadership, which is the least negative and the worst for us. It's annoying when my seer with 70% arcane penetrate is with someone with 5% penetrate, and so does 65% less damage... :(
Yes, with the amount of items and abilities available this quickly gets very annoying. Should be possible to fix in the game? Current behavior is very unnatural and confusing.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

matsjoyce wrote:I suppose it's due to allies wanting the highest leadership.
Yes, the one with the highest value overrides the others.
matsjoyce wrote:Yes, with the amount of items and abilities available this quickly gets very annoying. Should be possible to fix in the game? Current behavior is very unnatural and confusing.
I could possibly persuade the developers to allow me to change this in the game (so that the one with the highest absolute value would override others), but it would never affect 1.12 and essentially take place much later.
nuorc (nuclear orc?) wrote:And what about players who struggle to finish sth, and along comes some über-enemy?
The idea is that he would be optional, so bad at chasing that your units would be able to avoid him (not to spawn him at all) if the encounter comes in a bad situation. I wrote that he would be optional.
nuorc wrote:Srsly guys, you favor Beezelbub?
The extra items from early finish bonus idea had some technical difficulties. It required making that estimate and it would need feedback. I was promised it, but I never got anything. So this option may fall even if it gets the most votes.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:The idea is that he would be optional
Ah, ok.
Dugi wrote:The extra items from early finish bonus idea had some technical difficulties. It required making that estimate and it would need feedback. I was promised it, but I never got anything.
Can't help with the technical stuff or what special feedback you want. Adding gold wouldn't be difficult? Adding a few dealers wouldn't be difficult?
nuorc wrote:what do cursed arcane arrows do?
Dugi wrote:"nuorc (nuclear orc?)"
I come with deadly beams.
I have a cunning plan.
knel

Post by knel »

@ poll: I voted for lower turn numbers (maybe only on higher difficulties?) and for "something else". I really love the traders on some maps, they have some really strong items, they sell them only once but they are really cheap and they sell always the same stuff = no randomness like in drops from leaders. Maybe more traders combined with higher prices would also make early finish boni more valuable. Maybe you can implement some strong item which are only obtainable at some traders that would also limit the number you can get an item.

I´m still playing the campaign the first time, on hard, and I had no problems in the frist 9 chapters, but now chapter 10 is impossible for me. The unit list reset was okay but without my items.... i had a lot of gems but the demons hit so hard that even my heroes equipped with Dugis Ward can only survive the attack of one. If the demons have the cold or arcane attack they destroy really everthing.

At the moment I´m stuck in the second scenario. My ally is no help because he suicides all his units into 1 demon that has drain and ends the turn with 100%hp, no single unit of him survives an attack from a demon and since there are 10-15 demons attacking in a group I always get destroyed by them. I have also the problem to harm the demons that have every resistance 60%+, and i see no other option how a unit could survive that onslaught than equipping them 4 Dugis Wards but that would implement ~1 year farming Inferno before I get that many black pearls + I am still lacking any effective way against their high resistances with only having access to crafting.

I liked the camgaign so far but now I got really frustrated. I would be happy for any advice/tip.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

You are in the most dificult part of the game, in the most dificult scenario. I usually lose half of my units here, but I wouldnt seem it so bad. Dugis ward is not worth the gems, at least in this situation. Id suggest to concentrate on your duelist mage, he has strong base resistance agains magic, so you can make a meat shield out of him. And also there is DeathLord unit, which is really strong too, can be used as a meat shiled- I usually lure enemies down where they fight with my units and Krux/Vritra with Cuntator´s sword. The rest of my units tries to kill the enemy leader from the side. (Elvish gryphonrider with really cool equipment could do it)
Part of my strategy is to equip Vritra and Krux with best items (one of them is Cuntators sword), before leaving them (but it is useless advice for you now, I guess).

But still I like the 10th chapter the most, at least first half which is terrible hard, then it is unfortunatelly really eassy, because you start to fight against normal 2 or 3 lvl loyalist units...
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

I remember that scenario; I had it handed to me brutally several times. Did you look in the walkthrough? I finally had to go back to the first scenario...

Someone in this thread wrote something like: pay painful attention to your formation, use your ally as a meat-shield.

I don't know why this file is where a replay of me winning the scenario should be, but maybe the first three turns are ok:
LotI2-And_Another_Orcish_A..._replay.gz
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 151 times
Edit:
Spoiler:

I just saw Vritra's 'cold blood', which I found funny in a way:
Spoiler:
PS: The Snow Hunters are missing the sword attack miss sound.
I have a cunning plan.