Call for completing the hero descriptions

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Crommy
Translator

Call for completing the hero descriptions

Post by Crommy »

Thanks to several translators, the hero description page http://wiki.wesnoth.org/CharactersStorys is featuring the character descriptions of nine campaigns already. As often, closing in to the goal means slowing down the pace as "easy" things tend to be done first.

Being sure, that there are more translators, maintainers or story writers that may share their knowledge, I hereby put up a call for hero descriptions from
- AOI
- HttT
- UtbS
- L
- Ei
- LoW
- (TB)
Thanks to Deusite, the scripts of now all campaigns are put up at the wiki and those are now interlinked with the hero descriptions what might help a lot (especially weird pronounciations as those from Krawg :))

Feel free to add descriptions at http://wiki.wesnoth.org/CharactersStorys and indicate where you got the descriptions from (or if you derived it from the story).

For any question, post here or PM me.
vodot

Re: Call for completing the hero descriptions

Post by vodot »

I'll take HttT since I'm already rewriting the text.

EDIT: Also, I suggest renaming the page "Character Descriptions (Mainline Campaigns)" or "Notable People of Wesnoth (Mainline Campaign Characters)" or "Prominent Characters of Wesnothian History" or something similar. 'Characters storys' is ...ick, grammatically speaking. :)

EDIT: First drafts are done. Feedback, please.
Crommy
Translator

Re: Call for completing the hero descriptions

Post by Crommy »

I second Vodot renaming the page - although I thought the term "HeroDescriptions" being short and fitting quite well.

(Grammar ... well ... I might defend myself citing Goethe, who once stated that religion and orthography are private affairs, although I fear to have to confess those times being gone)
:)