League of Legends - Season 3! (Was Season 2)

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jozrael

League of Legends - Season 3! (Was Season 2)

Post by Jozrael »

How far we've come in the last year and a half. It seems just yesterday I posted the Season 1 thread...which can definitely be put to rest by now.

Yesterday marks the beginning of Season 2! This comes with an assortment of goodies. I could throw a bunch of shiny links at you, but I think our web content team has already done a better job than I could.

Swing on by the Fields of Justice to catch a game, come back to this thread to discuss!
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: League of Legends - Season 2!

Post by Pentarctagon »

Locked the season 1 thread.

Also I hate/love the new offense mastery tree. Everything just seems to hurt more now...
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Congratulation on your successful launch of season 2, and I wait to see what the dodge changes and jungle remake do to the game!
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I like the dodge change simply because the rune refund will give me 7,380 ip back :D
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

While the jungle changes were initially pretty poorly received, the hotfix did a bit to ameliorate that. How has it impacted your play?

Personally, I enjoy them as the jungle feels more dynamic now. Sometimes having duo tops, more roamers, etc. makes the gameplay feel less stagnant. Time will tell if another clearly superior team composition emerges.

I also am looking forward to the dodge removal. I hope additional gameplay devices are added as compensation (either now or in the future), though.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I think the change I am most looking forward too is the Strength of Spirit mastery coming back, since I've been playing Ryze a lot. The dodge refund will let me get Ahri as well, so I'm liking to patch just for those two things. Still waiting for some laning nerfs to Riven, but whatever. Her (and Fizz imo) just have too much damage for how mobile they are. Not that there aren't counters to them, but it's kind of ridiculous.

I don't jungle, personally, but I know two people who do and they don't like the changes. They say the hotfix definitely helped, but not enough. As for duo tops, I have yet to see it in one of my games.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

What are people's thoughts on the jax changes? Without stats, it's hard to say, but I think I'm going to like them, and hope that the hp per level he gets makes it possible to hybridize/"glass cannon" without dying too fast.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I'm not really sure without actually seeing it in action, but the only real problem I could think of from watching that was they said his counterstrike got increased damage based on the number of attacks dodged, not the amount of damage avoided.
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

I'm so gutted, I'm back at uni this year and my laptop won't play LoL at anything near a decent framerate.
I got to have a blast on season 2 over christams, played about 14 games, won something like 10 of them and jumped straight to 1650 - spent all of season 1 failing to break 1,500. Now I'm going to lose most of that in Elo decay.

I like the new mastery tree, I find I'm usually putting 30 points into one tree rather than the traditional 21/9 split. Perhaps I'm missing a trick?

I'm also eagerly awaiting Shen buffs, I do pretty well with him in normal and everyone seems to think he's seriously underpowered. I love it when they buff 'UP' champs that I do well with (Nasus), soon it will be Kats turn to be buffed and I'll go on a rampage.

Jax annoys me, his early game burst is ridiculous and can lead to him getting seriously fed. But apparently he is (was) UP still - since been buffed a bit. So, either he is now godlike or somewhere in the middle.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Daravel wrote: Jax annoys me, his early game burst is ridiculous and can lead to him getting seriously fed.
I thought he was pretty vulnerable to ranged harassment in the early game. Then again, I haven't played LoL in like forever.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Just started playing this. Getting wrecked. :D

But it's okay because I have friends to lulz with while it happens.
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Gambit wrote:Just started playing this. Getting wrecked. :D

But it's okay because I have friends to lulz with while it happens.
Best thing about the game is playing with friends. Are any of you guys on EU West?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Well my computer went and died, so I hope LoL doesn't change too much while I'm gone :(
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

None of my friends play LoL, and game is quite pointless without trying team work. Any wesnoth player is interested in add me as friend in Lol? i play at different hours, so no worries about your location or time zone. my nick is "electric sheep"
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Nice name! I love that program (though I haven't read the book ><).

Btw, did anyone catch the tournament today? Over 275k concurrent viewers (in all languages). @_@. Crazy.

M5 simply dominated. Their first game versus Dignitas - complete mastery.