Map-Editor: BackGround/Overlay for Images

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
MetalKing

Map-Editor: BackGround/Overlay for Images

Post by MetalKing »

I've got a large drawn Map (png) I want to "render" with the BfW-Editor. I did create some AuxillaryMeans to get the Map recreated but it takes alot of Time. Could I simply load the Map as BackGround, scale it to right Size and fill the Map with any transparent Type and then replace them Hex for Hex I could do it in a much shorter Time. Map-Scale is 200x120 so I have to deal with 24k HexFields. The Editor could also help to embed Overlays for the Map.

There are some special Parts like CampFire. The Editor's Help says the Scenario need some special Support to let that Map-Field run. What Support it is? I would also like if the CampFire could illuminate the Environment with a special Halo-Type like the LightTower of any Scenario did but with Range of the Mage-of-Light-Halo.

There are several Animations of diverse Objects like Foundtain or Brazier or WindMill. I suggest to put Pictures belonging to a single Type of Object (Animation) into a Object-specific Folder.

I miss these Things:
- WaterMill
- HarborWall
- Support for Spring as there are just Summer, Autumn and Winter
- CornFields Summer/Autumn (harvested)
- Dike and Ditches (without Water)
- Shrubs (VegetationSize between Grass and Trees)

I suggest to change MapData-Structure to this:
- Topology (ElevationModel)
- Composition (Rock,Loam,Sand,...)
- Vegetation (what grows on)
- Building (is there any Kind of Structure)

Balance of Fractions was seemingly a very difficult or even a traumatizing Experience. However, I did find that Balance got to a Expression to hinder Envelopment resp. Implementation of usefull Enhancements. The Suggestions here in this Post doesn't touch Balance.
"Sir! We are surrounded by our enemies!" - "Excellent ! We can attack in every direction!"
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." -- Albert Einstein
No Source - No Binary - No Trust!
Map Wesnoth Springs - The great War [200x120],Player=9