How do I install images?

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Elvish Phreak

How do I install images?

Post by Elvish Phreak »

I use the MacOSX OS, and I am trying to install a user campaign. I entered window mode, opened the "images" folder to put in some images for the scenario. It said that I couldn't modify the folder! whats going on? I am using wesnoth 8.7
joshbosh321

Post by joshbosh321 »

Did someone else install it in the applications folder/are you an administrator on your computer?

If you aren't, you can't modify the Applications folder.
Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the drug store, but that's just peanuts to space.

---Douglas Adams
scott

Post by scott »

You should be able to go into ~/Library/Preferences/Wesnoth/data/campaigns/ and save the user campaign there directly in order to install it.

The other location to save campaigns (older versions of Wesnoth for mac os X) is [battle for wesnoth app] > Show package contents > Contents/Resources/data/campaigns/. But, if you can't save files in the game's images folder then this probably won't work either.

So, while you may not have persmission to add files to the game's images folder, you should have access to your own account's preferences (~/Library/Preferences/etc. - the first way)
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.