Wesnoth 1.10.5 for iphone/ipad & source code is out now!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dailin

Re: Wesnoth 1.10.5 for iphone/ipad & source code is out now!

Post by dailin »

Sun-Tzu wrote:I've been playing the latest iPad version and really enjoying it! Just 3 minor things I'd like to report:
Thank you for your support.
Sun-Tzu wrote:Some punctuation isn't working while messaging. I use the English US keyboard and can't type characters like "!", "?" or ":".
I test and reproduce this issue, TKS!
Sun-Tzu wrote:Is there a way to display the coordinates for a hex?
I rm coordinates to fit UI, because some hexes's name are too long with coordinates may cause name became "..."
Sun-Tzu wrote:Can't figure out how to access the command line. Tried to use the /droid command on chat but it didn't work.
iPad version don't support command line.
Jeades39

Post by Jeades39 »

Is the map editor available? If not, are plans to add it in the works?
dailin

Post by dailin »

Jeades39 wrote:Is the map editor available? If not, are plans to add it in the works?
I think map editor is inconvenient to handle in iPad or iPhone, so i remove this function and no plan to add this feature in the near future. Sorry. :(
Harmond

Post by Harmond »

I don't get it.. my ipad version of Battle of Wesnoth HD says last update is 2010, version 1.5.. however if i search for it in the appstore i find Battle of Wesnoth HD which is v.1.0.4 updated in 2013 and i can also buy it?? There are two versions?

Why is 1.0.4 updated in 2013 and 1.5 in 2010, the version numbers doesnt make any sense + doesnt make any sense that i can buy it again and get the 2013 update.

Also title of this thread say 1.10.5, latest on appstore is 1.0.4 (or really the 2010 version which is 1.5).

Please explain.

Edit: nvm, bought it again. kind of sucks to have to pay 2 times for a game that is free on PC.. though i guess i dont mind supporting it, it's a great game, hope development for iOS will continue.
dailin

Post by dailin »

Harmond wrote:I don't get it.. my ipad version of Battle of Wesnoth HD says last update is 2010, version 1.5.. however if i search for it in the appstore i find Battle of Wesnoth HD which is v.1.0.4 updated in 2013 and i can also buy it?? There are two versions?

Why is 1.0.4 updated in 2013 and 1.5 in 2010, the version numbers doesnt make any sense + doesnt make any sense that i can buy it again and get the 2013 update.

Also title of this thread say 1.10.5, latest on appstore is 1.0.4 (or really the 2010 version which is 1.5).

Please explain.

Edit: nvm, bought it again. kind of sucks to have to pay 2 times for a game that is free on PC.. though i guess i dont mind supporting it, it's a great game, hope development for iOS will continue.
These are two versions, i think perversion's developer abandon this game,so this is new version and i ensure development is continue.
xCody1

Post by xCody1 »

Hi. Been playing this game on iPad for awhile and only a few problems on some add ons. Recently though all my add ons have disappeared and when I try redownload them it won't let me connect to the server. Is there an update or something I'm missing?
dailin

Post by dailin »

xCody1 wrote:Hi. Been playing this game on iPad for awhile and only a few problems on some add ons. Recently though all my add ons have disappeared and when I try redownload them it won't let me connect to the server. Is there an update or something I'm missing?
Don't worry,maybe our server is unstable, you can try it again later.
simon93

Post by simon93 »

Hi! I just purchased the game on Itunes for IPhone 5, version 1.06. Everything worked well for the first few days. But now I often get the error message "the save file you have tried to load is corrupt" when I try to load a save file. This can either happen when I've saved the game, quit the app, and go back later in to load, or when I'm playing, and choose load game.
It does not happen all the time, and not for all save files. But it does happen 80% of the time, which is really annoying, as the files are essentially destroyed.
Does anyone know why is this problem occurring? I noticed that this problem only started when I watched a replay. And ever since I'm starting to get this problem, which never happened before. Could just be a coincidence though.
I would appreciate all help!
dailin

Post by dailin »

simon93 wrote: I noticed that this problem only started when I watched a replay. And ever since I'm starting to get this problem, which never happened before. Could just be a coincidence though.
I would appreciate all help!
Thanks for your report and i can't reproduce this bug.
Is that save file of add ons? if yes,reinstall add ons and try it again. if no, pls tell me the name of campaign.
Does it happen in just one save file?
Could you give me a screenshot of error message? :)
simon93

Post by simon93 »

I removed all add-ons and reinstalled them. But the problem persists. I've uploaded the screenshots.
Attachments
I quit the game after saving my progress yesterday. And today when I enter the game and tried to load the save, it became corrupted.
I quit the game after saving my progress yesterday. And today when I enter the game and tried to load the save, it became corrupted.
This is when I started a new add-on scenario, after after few turns, choose to load, but the previous auto save files all become corrupted. I did not even quit the game during this time.
This is when I started a new add-on scenario, after after few turns, choose to load, but the previous auto save files all become corrupted. I did not even quit the game during this time.
dailin

Post by dailin »

simon93 wrote:I removed all add-ons and reinstalled them. But the problem persists. I've uploaded the screenshots.
I had test some add ons,play,save then load, they work well. Could you give me corrupt add ons name?
simon93

Post by simon93 »

It happened to all the add-ons I've downloaded. This includes, but definitely not limited to, "survival Fusion 2.0", "Swifty's 2p and 3p survival ", "Nosmos' survival pack", "Adriano survival", "Skele Survivals", and "Augu survivals". I also have many MP era add-ons, the one I use all the time is the Ageless era.
I did everything I can. I deleted the app, reinstalled it, and download the add-ons again. Same thing happen. I updated the IOS system to 7.1, nothing changed.
This game is unplayable for me anymore...
dailin

Post by dailin »

simon93 wrote:It happened to all the add-ons I've downloaded. This includes, but definitely not limited to, "survival Fusion 2.0", "Swifty's 2p and 3p survival ", "Nosmos' survival pack", "Adriano survival", "Skele Survivals", and "Augu survivals". I also have many MP era add-ons, the one I use all the time is the Ageless era.
I did everything I can. I deleted the app, reinstalled it, and download the add-ons again. Same thing happen. I updated the IOS system to 7.1, nothing changed.
This game is unplayable for me anymore...
I use default game preference. Download survival Fusion 2.0,and play it, it works well.Now i play Ageless era.I think may be some add ons cause this bug, i need some test.
dailin

Post by dailin »

Well, i reproduce this bug when I play "survival Fusion 2.0" in ageless era. I'm not sure whether "ageless era" cause this problem. i will check it.
ps: Ageless era is so funny!!!
simon93

Post by simon93 »

YES! I think we found the problem. The problem started happening after I got the "survival fusion 2.0" add-on. I've been playing 2 other add-ons with Ageless era before and the problem did not happen.
So I think this is caused by "survival fusion 2.0. I'm playing it now with this add-on removed and so far the problem has not occurred. If it does not happen for the whole day, I can be sure that the problem i's "survival fusion 2.0.
Thanks a lot for doing all the testings. Really appreciate it!