Wesnoth 1.10.5 for iphone/ipad & source code is out now!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Duckels

Re: Wesnoth 1.10.5 for iphone/ipad & source code is out now!

Post by Duckels »

Running in to problems with Legends of the Invincible chapter 7, after you get roughly your 4th upgrade for Redeem the advancement selection page is no longer viewable due to size constraints and can no longer continue.
(This has happened in prior advancements but you still had 1 line of selections and could scroll through and double tap to continue)

Picture attached for reference.

And thanks for making such a great port, all the regular campaigns work great, and i am slightly amazed i have been able to play all the way up to chapter 7 of LoTI with very little problems!

Edit - Save filed attached now.
Attachments
LotI2-Search_for_Elves_Turn_28.gz
(324.49 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
photo.PNG
dailin

Post by dailin »

Duckels wrote:Running in to problems with Legends of the Invincible chapter 7, after you get roughly your 4th upgrade for Redeem the advancement selection page is no longer viewable due to size constraints and can no longer continue.
(This has happened in prior advancements but you still had 1 line of selections and could scroll through and double tap to continue).
Thanks for your report,I can reproduce this bug. This bug will be fixed in next version. Thanks again.
Duckels

Post by Duckels »

Awesome! I'll bank my save file until then.
shaun_reed

Post by shaun_reed »

I thought this game is free, well, its not free in my app store
Attachments
image.jpg
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

It's "free to be modified," not necessarily "free to obtain". It's true that the PC version doesn't cost anything, but dailin did some work to port the game to another platform, and he is free to charge for that service.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Jrivenonathan

Post by Jrivenonathan »

So, I have wesnoth on my iPod touch. I just got an iPad mini and tried to download wesnoth on it. According to the App Store, I have to pay $3.99 again to download it!

Help!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
plamentg

Post by plamentg »

You have several options:
1. Use the iPhone/iPod version on the iPad (free)
2. Buy the HD version.
3. Jailbreak the iPad and istall a cracked copy (no idea where to get it though).
4. Make your own version of BfW for iOS. There may be some issues with Apple however, since they sort of discourage the same software being published by different people.
Personally I don't like separate versions and prefer universal apps, but unfortunately I am in no position to make a developer do what I want. I may choose whether or not to buy the app however.
Jrivenonathan

Post by Jrivenonathan »

For some reason, I can't download the iPhone version on my iPad. It just doesn't show up.
plamentg

Post by plamentg »

Is it just BfW or ANY iPhone/iPod app?
Drewbot47

Post by Drewbot47 »

If you look at the menu bar on your last screenshot, you will see that one of the items says "ipad only" with a little arrow. Select that and you will be able to switch to iphone see items that you purchased that are iphone only. You should see the Wesnoth that you purchased after that. Hope that helps if you haven't already bought the ipad version.
Jambo

Post by Jambo »

Any news or hopes re a Game Center multiplayer option?
Yodatchi

Post by Yodatchi »

dailin wrote:
Duckels wrote:Running in to problems with Legends of the Invincible chapter 7, after you get roughly your 4th upgrade for Redeem the advancement selection page is no longer viewable due to size constraints and can no longer continue.
(This has happened in prior advancements but you still had 1 line of selections and could scroll through and double tap to continue).
Thanks for your report,I can reproduce this bug. This bug will be fixed in next version. Thanks again.
Running into this problem as well. There was an update for the add-on itself but I assume the next update for the app itself hasn't come out yet? Thanks
dailin

Post by dailin »

Yodatchi wrote:Running into this problem as well. There was an update for the add-on itself but I assume the next update for the app itself hasn't come out yet? Thanks
I plan to release new version with Wesnoth 1.12
mobilegamer

Post by mobilegamer »

Hi dailin, I've just bought the game (HD) and noticed that the iPad lockscreen is not disabled. So during enemy moves, my iPad gets locked and I have to manually unlock to be able to continue the game. Can you please fix this?

I use an iPad 4 on iOS 7.1.2
simon93

Post by simon93 »

Hi dailin
I haven't played Wesnoth for a while, and when I tried it today, I noticed all my add-ons are gone. I've never uninstalled the game or changed anything. It's the exact same app I had the last time I played. Any idea why this happened?
When I downloaded the old add-ons I had before, I can no longer load my old saves because some of the units are not recognized, even though I downloaded the corresponding Era pack.
Also, it would be cool to have the option to change units name like on PC :D
Thanks for your help.