Era of Ragnarok (1.3)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Azeal

Era of Ragnarok (1.3)

Post by Azeal »

Era of Ragnarok (formerly Lands of Corruption) is an Era based loosely on Nordic mythology and the events surrounding Ragnarok

each team has four variations of a leader, and at the start of each match each team selects one patron (can only recruit one per match), each patron gives a unique trait that any recruited unit has a chance to get for the remainder of the match. There are many new abilities including debuffs, menu abilities that transform or bribe units, and limited projectiles for some units. There are also a host of music and playlist options including compatibility with several music resource packs.

The current factions are

The Legions of Helheim
ImageImage

Order of the Norn
ImageImage

Mountainfolk
ImageImage

Muspell Inferno
ImageImage

Nomadic Alliance
ImageImage

Nordic Battalion
ImageImage

Pirate Hordes
ImageImage

Three more factions are planned, the Alfar (elves, working on them now), druids, and beasts

Please post any bugs or suggestions here.
Last edited by Azeal on January 6th, 2013, 3:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
alex23

Re: Lands of Corruption Era (Beta 9.0)

Post by alex23 »

About order of theNorn, do you really want to have a base sprite that is already in attacking stance? it might look abit strange during gampleay ...The rest however looks pretty cool
IPS

Re: Era of Ragnarok (1.1)

Post by IPS »

would like a private message or a post with a spoiler that contains unit's stats, because the era is weight in Megas, and takes good time to download, would like to know how balanced is it.

If possible, health, atacks, movement, ressistances, price, xp to level and some more stuff.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Azeal

Post by Azeal »

I'll work on putting it together, but it may take a while, there are roughly 350 units in total so far. However there are also quite a few new abilities, and seperate trait lists depending on race that make balance hard to determine outside of combat without the familiarity of it all. I have been working on this for a few years now, and have spent a long time balancing based on both ai simulations and regular matches with a bug tester of the same skill level as myself. In my (admittedly biased) opinion in the current uploaded release the muspelltic and the nord are slightly too strong, and the nair are slightly too weak, however I have made a lot of progress fixing this and the next update should be considerably more balanced (as well as massive AI improvements).
IPS

Post by IPS »

ok, sounds really interesting the balance story. Will give it a try in the next update :)
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide