1.12 MP campaigns bugs thread

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
tekelili

Re: 1.12 MP campaigns bugs thread

Post by tekelili »

Not properly a campaign bug, but relevant information for UMC authors: In 1.12 this code has different behavior

Code: Select all

[effect]
                apply_to=defense
                replace=false
                [defense]
                    {TERRAIN}=-10
                [/defense]
            [/effect]
Now this have different behavior for negative defenses. New bahavior is an improve imo, as coders not longer need junky codes to care about negative values when modifing defenses, but it also means that all junky codes created before 1.12 to deal with them, have now incorret behavior in 1.12 and should be changed.

Edit: Well... it depends how coder was dealing with possible negative defenses. In some cases I guess it could be working fine in both versions, but was not my case, I had to change code.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Ravana wrote:While replicating the Ooze campaign problem I started suspecting that LoW unknown scenario is from same thing, ifdef doesnt look for multiplayer. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 81#p578081
That's not a bug, the campaign specific define should be defined in sp aswell as in mp.

The bug is then that that is not always the case, my first guess was that it might be becasue the code that reloads the game config is inside a "if(first_scenario_)" see here: https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/blob ... t.cpp#L245. But the error seems to be before that code.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

I just encountered a weird bug in BfW 1.12.0. whenever i try to observe a game in progress of legend of wesmere where they are in the third scenario the map screen that shows before the level starts look like this:
map bug.png
and when i click next the game crashes. This has happened to me twice now on two different days.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

max_torch wrote:I just encountered a weird bug in BfW 1.12.0. whenever i try to observe a game in progress of legend of wesmere where they are in the third scenario the map screen that shows before the level starts look like this:
map bug.png
and when i click next the game crashes. This has happened to me twice now on two different days.
I can reproduce this (the crash) too, and even worse, it doesnt even give any information about the crash in the stderr.
It also doesnt happen in every scenario: it didnt happen in scenario2 of LoW but it happens in scenario3.

Unfortunately i couldnt reproduce it with master, idk whether it's becasue of changes in the wesnoth c++ code< or becasue of changes in LoW campaign.

EDIT: I simpoly copied all the 1.12 LoW data from 1.12 to 1.13 and i still couldnt reproduce in 1.13 (the crash), so it seems unrelated to teh changes in LoW.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Peasant

Post by Peasant »

I've noticed a few bugs involved with the MP campaign LoW in 1.12.

I've seen the enemy leaders being called the host's name.
Reloading a save causes the host to have control of all enemy sides.
Then when we started the scenario The Elvish Treasury there were 2 identical Kalenz's, both leaders.
And there were also 2 identical Landar's, but one of them was an purple(enemy) leader.

Just thought I'd share the bugs I've come across.
Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of luck.