WML tag multiword spacing inconsistency

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Invisible Philosopher

WML tag multiword spacing inconsistency

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

Code: Select all

[store_unit]
[movement costs]
[removeitem]
Underscore (_) is the usual separator, but as shown it the example, space ( ) and nothing () are used occasionally. I propose standardizing to underscore. Unfortunately this is an obvious backward-compatibility problem. It would be possible to allow the old versions to continue using the old names. Or we could do nothing and keep the inconsistency. Comments?
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.
scott

Post by scott »

I vote for _ consistency. 0.8.9 is going to require a minor rewrite for difficulty levels; it would delay 0.8.9 further to implement that now -- but then it would be out of the way. The perfect time would have been with 0.8.3 (gettext implementation), but that ship sailed.

So, I think (without any real basis for thinking so) that it would be easy to add all the new consistent WML tags to the parser and have a gradual migration. Sometime in the future announce the removal of [inconsistent tags]

Maybe there also ought to be a unofficial campaign developer mailing list for stuff like this (I can put the instructions as a sticky in this forum).
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I've always thought [movement costs] was odd, and should be changed, but having no underbar ([removeitem]) never seemed odd to me. #1 we should change, not sure about #2.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm