Wesnoth 0.8.10

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Windows version is available at http://www.wesnoth.org/files/wesnoth-windows-0.8.10.exe

Will be put onto sourceforge in due course.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

MadMax wrote:did the support of title= in .pbl files make it into .8.10?
Yes, but the campaign server will need to be updated before it works.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

Cant connect to the multiplayer server... it says iam using wesnoth 0.8.10 while it recruies wesnoth 0.8.5 :( :( :(
WoW C-Mode activated...
For the horde :D
Quensul
Art Contributor

Post by Quensul »

Mkgego wrote:Cant connect to the multiplayer server... it says iam using wesnoth 0.8.10 while it recruies wesnoth 0.8.5 :( :( :(
See this thread. Short version: wait a bit, and server.wesnoth.org will be updated soon.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

I downloaded the mac version of the game last night... I mean, the newest release... or so I thought. it was from the 0.8.10 area, but now I notice it says 0.8.9 in the .dmz filename...

I'll have to check by installing which it actually is, but shouldn't this be changed?
sanna

Post by sanna »

Ankka wrote:I downloaded the mac version of the game last night... I mean, the newest release... or so I thought. it was from the 0.8.10 area, but now I notice it says 0.8.9 in the .dmz filename...

I'll have to check by installing which it actually is, but shouldn't this be changed?
The updated osx version is not available yet, so the latest available version is still 0.8.9.
ettin
Lord of Glamdrol

Post by ettin »

Dave wrote:Will be put onto sourceforge in due course.
It is already on SF: wesnoth-windows-0.8.10.exe.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

sanna wrote:
Ankka wrote:I downloaded the mac version of the game last night... I mean, the newest release... or so I thought. it was from the 0.8.10 area, but now I notice it says 0.8.9 in the .dmz filename...

The updated osx version is not available yet, so the latest available version is still 0.8.9.
I still find it a bit too misunderstandable when it's on the same page with the windows and source code of version 0.8.10...

When 0.8.9 was released it was clearly said that that versin wasn't still available.
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

IMPORTANT:
For all users out there that use a locale setting, where the decimal seperator is not '.' but ',' (10,0 instead of 10.0) there is a problem with the game. It can easyly be seen if you let a unit walk into the water and it does not "sink in" but walk on it like Jesus. The problem is not only this little graphical thing, but also a problem with the difficulty of the game. It will sometime be a lot higher than it normally should be. But the opposite could also occur.
To fix it you should change the seperator to '.'. All Linux users that compile the Tarball theirselfs should replace the file src/game.cpp with the one I attached. The file I attached is directly take out of the cvs-tree.
This bug will definatly be fixed in the next release.
CU
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

Elvish Pillager wrote:As you can see, I have little more to fear with the new calculations.
Glad to hear the change hasn't messed up your playing style.

But you are right, it's only damage taken by your aligned high-resistance units and damage dealt by your aligned units against high resistance enemies that has really changed. Since few of the player units in HttT have high resistances or are aligned (at least with your focus on Elvish units), RATE shouldn't really change things much for HttT. It does have a significant impact on Liberty and TDH, though.

One thing which should have changed significantly even in HttT is attacking Ghosts and Wraiths with lawful units -- you should no longer see piddly 1 damage per swing at night.
scott

Post by scott »

Ankka wrote:I still find it a bit too misunderstandable when it's on the same page with the windows and source code of version 0.8.10...

When 0.8.9 was released it was clearly said that that versin wasn't still available.
Maybe there should be a sentence that tells people after a development release it takes time for package builders, who are not affiliated with the project, to upload binaries for each operating system and that what you see is the latest available version until each OS is updated.

I know Miyo was against putting too much on the downloads page, instead replying with something like: "Didn't you think you were downloading version 0.8.9 when you clicked on Wesnoth_MacOSX_0.8.9.dmg?" But, if so many people show up on the forum asking the same question then we know people need this information and they shouldn't have to come to the forum to get it.

You can tell people to read the text, dummy, but it looks like people read it and assume it's wrong.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

scott wrote:
Ankka wrote:I still find it a bit too misunderstandable when it's on the same page with the windows and source code of version 0.8.10...

Maybe there should be a sentence that tells people after a development release it takes time for package builders, who are not affiliated with the project, to upload binaries for each operating system and that what you see is the latest available version until each OS is updated.

I know Miyo was against putting too much on the downloads page, instead replying with something like: "Didn't you think you were downloading version 0.8.9 when you clicked on Wesnoth_MacOSX_0.8.9.dmg?" But, if so many people show up on the forum asking the same question then we know people need this information and they shouldn't have to come to the forum to get it.

You can tell people to read the text, dummy, but it looks like people read it and assume it's wrong.
I was actually downloading it so late last night it wasn't until today that I realised it was version 0.8.9 I had downloaded... yet still it is a bit weird as it links from the 0.8.10 announcement, and is still getable from the 0.8.9 announcement links...
scott

Post by scott »

Ankka wrote: yet still it is a bit weird as it links from the 0.8.10 announcement, and is still getable from the 0.8.9 announcement links...

I agree. The announcement only applies to the source code and there is only 1 download page, where old packages are available until updated. A recipe for confusion.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Mac version uploaded to Sourceforge. It will probably take a while to get around the mirrors.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

As usual, props to Sithrandel. Time to test out the RATE system!

PS: Better update the downloads page!
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry