Wesnoth 0.8.10

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Thanks Sithrandel!
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Thanks a lot! :D

Although so far it seems that it is only at one mirror... at least it would always use the same when I tred to download it... (tried several times because it was ridiculously slow at the beginning)

Thanks, seriously, very very much for such a fast compilation! :D
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

I can't even connect to the campaign server; it says 'Remote host disconnected'.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

Who is doing the latin translation?
I'm not a number, I'm a free monkey
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Just wnated to say that unit move SO much faster now. They practially zip across the map. Makes the game go a lot faster. Thanks to the devs for improving/fixing this. I didn't realize how slow they were before until I saw v 0.8.10
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

I was just gonna post about this... I was wondering what was the difference, the units moved differently but how?

I was used to the old way, and this might take a time to get used to... dunno which is better, this is at least faster.
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

MadMax wrote:I can't even connect to the campaign server; it says 'Remote host disconnected'.
It's up now. The downtime was because the box moved.
schnorko58

release often ---> please release diiff/patch

Post by schnorko58 »

Hello,

I am a big fan, and I appreciate the active development that is going on. However, I have
dial-up access, and when a new release comes out it is a long download for me. It is also
discouraging to go to the server and be denied for updates so soon after going to the
trouble of the big download.

I always compile from source. Is it possible to just post a diff/patch? I imagine that a lot
of the multimedia files are {not} changing from release to release.

Thank you for your attention.
Gafgarion

Re: release often ---> please release diiff/patch

Post by Gafgarion »

schnorko58 wrote:Hello,

I am a big fan, and I appreciate the active development that is going on. However, I have
dial-up access, and when a new release comes out it is a long download for me. It is also
discouraging to go to the server and be denied for updates so soon after going to the
trouble of the big download.

I always compile from source. Is it possible to just post a diff/patch? I imagine that a lot
of the multimedia files are {not} changing from release to release.

Thank you for your attention.
If you're used to compiling you might be interested in using CVS.
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
mpolo

Post by mpolo »

Monkey wrote:Who is doing the latin translation?
I am. I'm going pretty fast, so there are probably a lot of things to refine -- it's easy to get into a rut of one sentence structure. But hopefully it's better than no Latin translation. My current priority is finishing Heir to the Throne, so that there's at least one campaign uninterrupted by English...
Jasper

Mac version

Post by Jasper »

Thanks a lot Sithrandel (I'm a Mac user), and of course the guys who made a 0.8.10 possible so quickly!

I was just trying to play Sceptre of Fire, and I thought "what the...??". Then I went here to check if it was a bug, only to find out that the problem had already been solved!! :D
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

not to be annoying, but i downloaded 8.10 on my mac x and have NO idea what all those files are or how to run the game :-)
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

It sounds to me like you downloaded the source code. Try downloading the package (Wesnoth for Mac OS X). Inside it you'll find a Wesnoth application - double click to play.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

ahhh, i see. COOL! Thanx
carlec

Post by carlec »

Dumb newbie question---Can I play my current game of Heir to the Throne that I started in 8.9?

When I started the game, all was well, but when I went to load, I got a warning dialog that "this was from a previous version." So, I didn't play, somewhat worried that either the changes (whatever they might be---I'm on the Siege of whatever game) would not take or the overall impact on the whole campaign (which I realize was the bigger deal with the scenario that would not load).

What say ye? I'd prefer not to have to start over, but. . .
Yes, I'm new here--be kind. :)