Wesnoth 0.8.11

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

VikingTom

Wesnoth 0.8.11

Post by VikingTom »

Hi everyone!
In wesnoth 0.8.10 i select multiplayer and wesnoth says " This server runing version 0.8.11 ". I download it, install and launch, version = 0.8.10

0.8.10 = 0.8.11 Your VikingTom :!:
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Sorry, but i don't know which version you downloaded, but the windows version of the release (be careful, that you load 0.8.11) works fine with the mp-server. The version of Wesnoth you are running is shown in the left-bottom corner of the start screen. In all of the release versions it should say "Version 0.8.xx", where xx is repleaced by a number from 1 to 11.
If you have a recent cvs version, it should be the number of the recent release and a "+cvs" is added.
But you should be careful with the normal download page, because it normally takes some time until the binaries are available. You should better look into the release announcement if the packagers of your version already posted a new one. On the download page is only the version shown, that is the latest one. For MacOS X it is still 0.8.10. Although i am sure this will change in the next days / hours.
I hope I could help you.
CU
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic
darksteel

Please

Post by darksteel »

I hope the macOsX version will come out soon. :(
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Re: Please

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

darksteel wrote:I hope the macOsX version will come out soon. :(
I hope that you will stop spamming the forums every time a new version comes out.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.