RPM?

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

usernamed

RPM?

Post by usernamed »

Hi,

I wondered if you planned to make releases available in RPM format, the most recent RPM I've been able to find is 0.8.8 and although I've had a look at how to make an RPM, I must confess I felt quite out of my depth. I wanted to see all the latest Wesnoth goodness!

Usernamed

:cry:
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

The Wesnoth development team only officially provides the source code.

We rely on contributors to contribute binaries for different platforms. Our userbase spans more than 10 platforms, and it would be far too much effort for us to try to produce binaries for each and every platform.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
gdou

Post by gdou »

Hi !

I don't know what distribution you are using.

Personally I use Mandrake. I play Wesnoth using vesion 0.8.11, installed by a rpm.

In fact there are a lot of contributions to rpm based distributions that don't fit into official isos or ftps.

To help you find a version fitting your needs, use : http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/s ... mit=Search+...

May I take the opportunity to ask if it would not be possible to provide to users a tar package with the users campaigns (such those from Turin, or Aelius, Quartex ... ) That are on the server.

Providing such a tar file should be possible for people administrating the server.

The reason is that the most places where i access Internet are behind a firewall and/or a proxy. So I can not reach the server. I also understand that it happens that the server is down. I guess I am not the only one facing this problem.

Kind regards to all the team.

Gdou.
Shade

Mandrake?

Post by Shade »

If you are using mandrake go here and read this: It contains links to new, new, new versions of Wesnoth.

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 4888#64888

edit: Basically, if you want a new version fish it out of the 'cooker'. Wesnoth is not your kernel, c library, or x server... Using the cooker version won't kill you unless the C++ ABI changes again. In that case I'll start providing backports again.
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages