Sooo, when is version 0.8.12 released?

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Monkey

Sooo, when is version 0.8.12 released?

Post by Monkey »

I waiting for it, since there will be a lot of new things like new elvish fighter animations, death animations, no loyal, peheaps other traits?
I'm not a number, I'm a free monkey
Shade

IIRWIIR

Post by Shade »

IIRWIIR and it might not be .8.12 at all :)
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

There is just so much cool stuff that's going to be in it, I don't see how it could not be 0.8.12
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:There is just so much cool stuff that's going to be in it, I don't see how it could not be 0.8.12
Huh?

*cough*0.9.0*cough*
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
dtw

Post by dtw »

how come monkey doesn't get his fur flamed off for that one? cos he's not a newbie? :?
Shade

Post by Shade »

dibblethewrecker wrote:how come monkey doesn't get his fur flamed off for that one? cos he's not a newbie? :?
Because I managed to get an IIRWIIR in and derail the flaming with wild speculation in one fell swoop :P
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
dtw

Post by dtw »

ah - 'course, silly me 8)
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

The list of changes at http://changelog.wesnoth.org/ is indeed extensive. Other than the ones mentioned by Monkey, we also have three new translations started and strong progress on many others, some really slick new graphics (including fords, ruined keeps and many new unit images), support for changing objectives anytime in a scenario, unit rebalancing (especially Knalgans and water units), much improved stability for the networking code, and a stronger AI (through removal of a long standing bug). This is in addition to a large list of bugs fixed: the list of outstanding bugs is the shortest it has been since before 0.8.5.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

That's because monkeys don't burn.

Is that new patent thing going to prevent any more releases? I'm not into the discussion in the other forum.
I'm not a number, I'm a free monkey
fabi
Inactive Developer

new wml stuff

Post by fabi »

I am looking forward to the newly added wml features,
some variable stuff ...
I will have to rewrite some of my code, but it seems to be worth it ...

Greetings
Elvish_Pillager

turin wrote:
Elvish Pillager wrote:There is just so much cool stuff that's going to be in it, I don't see how it could not be 0.8.12
Huh?

*cough*0.9.0*cough*
The more cool stuff gets introduced, the more game-breaking bugs do too. We shouldn't risk a buggy 'stable' version.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
turin wrote: Huh?

*cough*0.9.0*cough*
The more cool stuff gets introduced, the more game-breaking bugs do too. We shouldn't risk a buggy 'stable' version.
There's been some discussion on this on the mailing list; versions that are 0.x.0 are no longer said to be stable.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager

turin wrote:There's been some discussion on this on the mailing list; versions that are 0.x.0 are no longer said to be stable.
What are they said to be, then?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
turin wrote:There's been some discussion on this on the mailing list; versions that are 0.x.0 are no longer said to be stable.
What are they said to be, then?
I don't know. I didn't pay that much attention to the discussion, all I know is 0.x.0 is no longer stable, and the next version will most likely be 0.9.0.

Ask shade, I think he knows...
The World of Orbivm
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Dave talked about this on the mailing list. No longer will we seperate releases as stable releases versus development releases. That means that 0.8.4 is just as stable as 0.8.6. One reason why this was done was that since 0.8 there have been tons of gameplay changes (0.8.0 was released around last August) and it would be silly to advetise only the 0.x.0 versions as the stable ones people should play, too many changes happen inbetween.