Aragwaith Unit Images 2.0

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

No. The Aragwaith aren't the type to fight against anyone over and over again... if they have hostile neighbors, they'd move.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:Err... Wesfolk highly armoured enemies post-Lavinian fall?.

Sidhe allies/mortal enemies?.

The ancestors to the Clannate maybe, with alll their armour and stuff?.

Oh wait... you asked for locations :? . Err... near the Sidhe, at their west side, so they have someone to fight against over and over again?.
The maurauders are to the left of the Sidhe, so that wouldn't work.

I would suggest them coming from the east, near the end of the Lavinian empire, and refusing to side with anyone (like the sidhe). Then once the Lavinians are gone, they move east, across Lavinian land, and head for the coast. There, after doing a lot of fighting, they then continue to move east over the sea, but fail because of lack of sailing skills for a few hundred years, untill they reach green isle (where they fight the orcs), and past morigor to Wesnoth, where they arrive just in time for when they are needed in A New Order (In severly decimated numbers because of people dieing, or decideing that they don't want to go on.)

As for backstory, they have some reason for wanting to travel east, but each one will stop off in a different place as they travel for themselves, not for the whole of their race. Think of them migrateing for some reason.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

BTW, there's no real reason to keep them on the Old Continent. They could very well be on the Great one.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

Hmm...so...if these guys are up for grabs...maybe they could be in the Era of Myths, eh? (They'd have to be appropriately placed on the "Orb" as well)

Who's maintaining them now?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

JW wrote:Hmm...so...if these guys are up for grabs...maybe they could be in the Era of Myths, eh? (They'd have to be appropriately placed on the "Orb" as well)
I thought the Era of Myths didn't take place on the orb. :?
JW wrote:Who's maintaining them now?
Technically me, but I hardly ever touch them. I just keep them playable with the newest versions.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

turin wrote:I thought the Era of Myths didn't take place on the orb. :?
The Shifters are SE of Wesnoth and Jester and I are figuring out where his two factions can go. We'll also have to create another human faction for the Vampires to "mingle" with I with I think, so 4 new factions being placed plus the Undead that can go anywhere. :p

As far as the Aragwaith are concerned, if they won't be in the IE Jester, and I might be able to fit them into the EOM somewhere. (Just an idea for now.)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

JW wrote:
turin wrote:I thought the Era of Myths didn't take place on the orb. :?
The Shifters are SE of Wesnoth and Jester and I are figuring out where his two factions can go. We'll also have to create another human faction for the Vampires to "mingle" with I with I think, so 4 new factions being placed plus the Undead that can go anywhere. :p

As far as the Aragwaith are concerned, if they won't be in the IE Jester, and I might be able to fit them into the EOM somewhere. (Just an idea for now.)
Hm... I have a strong dislike for werewolves and vampires. If I had my way, the Era of Myths would not be located on the Orb. But we'll take it to the Grand Council of Wesnoth. :P
The World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

Do remember that these will be seperated from the land known as Wesnoth. The Shifters travelled SE of Wesnoth looking to settle new lands. Some time later a giant earthquake then tore the earth between them and their homeland preventing passage back to Wesnoth. Therefore, although the Shifters are originally from Wesnoth they do not have any contact with them for an extended period, up past the time of Konrad. I am working on a plot for them to rejoin later, but hey...that's a different thread.

As it is, all of these factions would be placed appropriately so that they would not interfere with any of the current geography or story of Wesnoth. As for the actual nature of the vampires and werewolves you should talk with Jester as he is making them different from the stereotypical versions that are usually seen in mythology.
zthroo

Post by zthroo »

n00b question.
I get this faction in Era of Myths right?
Of course you should fight fire with fire.
You should fight everything with fire!
- Jaya Ballard
JW

Post by JW »

zthroo wrote:n00b question.
I get this faction in Era of Myths right?
They are in the Extended Era (maintained by Noyga), and I think they might still be included in the Imperial Era (maintained by turin et al). They are not in the Era of Myths.
zthroo

Post by zthroo »

Thanks. :D
- Jaya Ballard
zthroo

Post by zthroo »

Are the Aragwaith not suposed to be able to defend or be defended against?

=Edit=
Never mind they now defend normally.
Last edited by zthroo on December 11th, 2006, 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Jaya Ballard
zthroo

Post by zthroo »

The Aragwaith Pikeman isn't supposed to have a 0-2 attack, is it?
- Jaya Ballard
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

It has 17-2 ... You might have a bogus version.
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Threat Necro.

Just to make sure I didn't forget them. TC and height correction and I wouldn't have been by myself If I hadn't add some further gimmicks.

I still can do it, they are alive and kicking.

Now I must just upgrade the other 17 base frames and animations. :annoyed:
Attachments
exe.png
exe.png (34.45 KiB) Viewed 4883 times
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields