Wesnoth 0.9.0

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

dibblethewrecker wrote:I think an arguement that says you should only annouce a release when it is ready for the most popular platform would be quite strong - assuming windows is the main platform you can see why people are impatient....
Since only one of the currently active devs uses Windows, it is by far the least popular platform from the perspective of the developers. That the forums are full of barely civil postings whining about the lack of a Windows release, is not a very strong incentive for anyone to make such a release.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
dtw

Post by dtw »

The official project only releases the source code
I can only apologise for my ignorance.
That the forums are full of barely civil postings whining about the lack of a Windows release, is not a very strong incentive for anyone to make such a release
with an attitude like that it's not hard to see how this type of feeling is propagate permenantly.
This is what has been stated in several other places in the forums. What exactly is unclear about this?
The head in the sand approach to information management.

It could quite easily be stated on the homepage for a start but wait...you aren't responsible for the other releases... but, whether it is your "job" or not, you could easily provide all the information on your beautiful and largely sparse homepage?

THAT seems pretty mixed up to me! I simply think you are wasting YOUR OWN TIME by not providing more information when releases are made.

Make more annoucements on the homepage, save yourselves some earache