lost my drake?

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
wesnothplayer123

lost my drake?

Post by wesnothplayer123 »

Ok, so I lost my Drake...let him get killed. I thought that I could just recall him on the next scenario. But...I started the next scenario and was about to recall my Drake and others. EXCEPT!!!! There is no Drake to recall! All the others are there to recall except my Drake. I did not have a game crash. The scenario finished without any errors or crashes. So where is my Drake?

This is on wesnoth 1.17.0, with a few addons.

Thanks.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: lost my drake?

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

wesnothplayer123 wrote: February 1st, 2022, 9:35 pm Ok, so I lost my Drake...let him get killed. I thought that I could just recall him on the next scenario. But...I started the next scenario and was about to recall my Drake and others. EXCEPT!!!! There is no Drake to recall! All the others are there to recall except my Drake. I did not have a game crash. The scenario finished without any errors or crashes. So where is my Drake?

This is on wesnoth 1.17.0, with a few addons.

Thanks.
Not even sure how to even begin to explain...
When your unit dies, that is killed, they are gone permanently. It's a game mechanic. If you fight battles, you're supposed to lose units.
(unless you have Non-Fatal Wounds enabled)
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
wesnothplayer123

Yes, I understand if a unit dies, you lose him. But when I have played earlier versions of Wesnoth. I have always had the option to recall any units I wanted to use after they died when starting a new scenario, so that unit would continue to gain experience.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Which campaign are you playing?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

It sounds as if you had the Non-Fatal Wounds add-on enabled in a previous version. It's available for 1.16 too, but you have to install it in the Add-ons menu, and then enable it when starting a campaign:
Attachments
enabling_addons.png
enabling_addons.png (88.69 KiB) Viewed 501 times
wesnothplayer123

I believe you might be right here. I am trying to reinstall the list of add-ons I had from a previous version. I had a handwritten note with all my add-ons listed on a piece of paper...you think I can find that piece of paper anywhere?????? Oh well, sucks to be getting older and older.