strange thing

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tomsik

strange thing

Post by Tomsik »

ver 0.9.1 realesed and on download page still is ver 0.8.11 for windows
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

How is that strange? All it means is that 0.9.1 hasn't come out for windows yet. Just like that is what it meant when 0.9.0 came out.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

1. someone should do win32 0.9.1 ver
2. there is posted ver 0.9 for windows
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

1. No, there is nothing that says someone must do it. Someone will probably volunteer to do it, though.

2. OK, but apparently its creation wasn't reported to those who manage the website. Not a big deal.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

turin wrote:1. No, there is nothing that says someone must do it. Someone will probably volunteer to do it, though.
i didnt said "must", i said "should".

IMO there should be win32 ver, its most popular OS.(its sad but its fact.)
scott

Post by scott »

Sithrandel already has the mac version of 0.9.1 out and uploaded. He's not part of the BFW project. He's a volunteer. When he builds the game he hands his result over to the project for the benefit of all. The mac community is fortunate to have him. If he's too busy, there are backup volunteers who pick up the slack.

The Windows community should expend some effort to put itself into the same situation. There was some build-sharing with 0.9.0, but I think it will just take time to get over being spoiled for so long.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

scott wrote:Sithrandel already has the mac version of 0.9.1 out and uploaded. He's not part of the BFW project. He's a volunteer. When he builds the game he hands his result over to the project for the benefit of all. The mac community is fortunate to have him. If he's too busy, there are backup volunteers who pick up the slack.
This is awesome.

BIG THANKS to Sithrandel. :D
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

tomsik wrote:someone should do win32 0.9.1 ver
Okay. How about you?
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming