Arcane Resistances Rework

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hejnewar

Arcane Resistances Rework

Post by Hejnewar »

This agenda has been on the list for quiet some time. Actually changing all the resistances to better fit the growing needs of PvE and PvPvE, as well as potentially help with introduction of arcane based units on lower levels.

Reason:
Arcane resistance is very varied one, not counting special units it has the range of 70, from 20 to -50. It could be said that cold is similarly problematic but there it is surely not great but in reality it only affects 1 faction vs 1 unit line. Here on the other hand we have variety of factions and units that can use arcane damage and pretty much every race has its own arcane resistance. So while on level 1 this issue isnt present on higher levels it becomes very apparent.

The general idea of changes is:

Humans / Dunefolk / other 20% arcane res units (maybe except ghoul) go down to 10%.
10% units stay at 10%
0% units stay at 0%
-10% units stay at -10%
Drakes / wose - I havent yet exactly decided but they might go from -30% to both -10% or -20% but I would rather see them at -10%.
And finally skeletons which I thing would fit well at -20% from -50% it is a big change but to be honest they are destroyed by factions with good acrane damage dealers.

Special units are adjusted individually.

After resistance adjustements damage will also be adjusted if necessary. The only negative impact in pvp this might have is in Ud vs Ud matchup. Other than that I think these changes will only have positive effects.

I will try to propose more concrete changes this or next week but the general ideas will be as stated in this post.
Hejnewar

Re: Arcane Resistances Rework

Post by Hejnewar »

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Arcane Resistances Rework

Post by Ravana »

Looks good idea and is also invitation to review more extreme weaknesses in ageless. Additionally, when arcane loses that large importance then I think its special_note should be removed.