connection timed out

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
SatHyre

connection timed out

Post by SatHyre »

hi all,

when I play, I got this message "connection timed out" frequently. I remember now that I got this message at the beginning of this year but since may (or april), it is "everytime" I play. I bolded "everytime" because it appears everytime after 18:00 ; in the morning, afternoun before 18:00, I got the message but once or twice ; after 18:00, it is very annoying. UTC +3 here and 18:00 is local time.

since May, I use a new box. I thought the issue is from this box. but I remember now, that I have already played with another provider : same issue.

another player complained that he got the same message. he talked that purging the cache of the box resolved his issue. I found no cache on my box.

I found this topic viewtopic.php?t=49186. not the same message but I think the same cause. Ravana suggests a bot : I dont understand how to do it.
to keep alive, I type /info n. but when you play and it is my turn, I cant think what to play and type /info n at the same time.

I found this https://www.tutorialspoint.com/how-to-i ... t-in-linux. it is the confing file at server no?

wesnoth 1.16.10. ubuntu 22.04.

I was in the lobby for more that 1 hour, got just one message.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: connection timed out

Post by Pentarctagon »

You could try adjusting the "Server disconnect timeout" value in the advanced preferences.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
SatHyre

Re: connection timed out

Post by SatHyre »

Hi,
Forget that i posted here too.
It was set to 10. Ajusted to 60. Works successfully today.
Thanks.