Lifetime of Stones - new trolls/dunefolk campaign!

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Duke_Anax

Re: Lifetime of Stones - new trolls/dunefolk campaign!

Post by Duke_Anax »

holypaladin wrote: April 6th, 2024, 8:29 pm I only didn't understood why trolls were leaving caves at the begining and at the end, was there a threat?
In the past, it was a threat, but at the point of the campaign, it has become a tradition. Every new generation would move, that's why they call themselves the Rolling Stones.
Bravd

Re: Lifetime of Stones - new trolls/dunefolk campaign!

Post by Bravd »

Hello

i'm currently doing you campaing in nightmare. the "oasis of blood' scenario seems to be impossible. i'm againts 50 nomad with 10 troll & 10 humain who suicide in the first turns. The problems are :
The oasis seems to be a stronghold, but the rocks don't stop the riders at all. They got 8 movement point and they go over one with 3. And i don't have enough troll to stop them. Also they have a good defence there and they have ranged attacks.
Last part is their gold, they have enough gold to buy more unit than i can kill.
I must defend a leader alone or he will be dead since i'm surrounded. and when the leader is fully healed (turn 10), i'm deade because the stronghold is in fact a trap for I

I just finished last scenario and it diden't feel really good. I don't really understand why all the animals of this moutain whant my head. I mean, if I faced wolf i would understand since they eat meat and hunt in pack. Rokh are supposed to be smart and don't come near trolls/humans according to description. So how come that all of the bird of this damn moutains gather there over a week (41 turn = 6,85 day) ? Scorpions are supposed to be shy. But they reach for my head. And where are the nomad that attack me before ?
I think that scenario where ennely just keep appearing all of the time is an easy way to have a bad scenario. There is no way to stop them from surrouding you or comming right in the middle of your formation. There is no way to stop them at all. And it's really frustrating since you beat the same think over and over gain. But for little gain. And if you reach the end but you are 1 turn late, you don't feel like you missed some strategic point. You feel like you lacked luck for where enemy appears, which one and hit you missed because of RNG.

Also the end dosen't feel right :
What happend between sultant & jhinn ?
How come the human just follow you and die there. They diden't make a stand when they saw they where dying ?
What about the nomad ? we saw them once and that's all.
What about the other desert kings ?