12. Evacuation

Feedback for the mainline campaign Eastern Invasion.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

12. Evacuation

Post by Content Feedback »

(1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on?
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Mainline Campaigns: Scenario FeedbackDevelopment & Overall Feedback
User-made Add-ons: Feedback
Vendrick

Re: 12. Evacuation

Post by Vendrick »

(1) Invasion, 1.18
(2) 9 (I think winning this scenario on Invasion by killing all enemy leaders is on par with the difficulty of the harder Expert level scenarios on their highest difficulty level.)
(3) Clear
(4) Pretty good
(5) Killing the Drakes (without depending on a nightime Baneblade assassination of their leader). When escaping, Goblin Pillagers and Drakes blocking the bridge with ZoC.
(6) 7
(7)
Considerably harder than the old Evacuation where you could bait and then kill 2 of 3 enemy leaders on Turn 2.

The Baneblade isn't especially useful later in the campaign so it's tolerable to trade it for a Drake leader assassination if necessary.

The Falconer in combination with Beserk is great, reducing the chance of enemy units to hit the Baneblade Fencer to 10-20%. (The Falconer is easily my favourite Dunefolk unit - it excels in more normal battles but is still a lot of fun to use in this campaign.)

I stopped spending early because my Dunefolk mercenaries (most significantly Hahid) lose 60% damage when my gold goes negative. There's also a couple spots where I play recklessly with veterans to no real benefit because I was trying to work against my usual playstyle and make sure I finished the scenario on time. There's a few other misplays scattered throughout and I killed the last leader on Turn 10/11, which was cutting it a little fine but overall a decent performance.
Pour one out for Kararm, the wild L2 Ogre that Grug recruited in Castle in the Ice.

(EV damage taken is down (despite hits being up) because it doesn't account for Drains and the game reads the healed HP as reduced damage.)

(As for escaping, the Sentinel Shield can be used to transfer Slow to a quick mounted unit and the Pillagers will avoid slowing the Turn 2 recalls if they have strong range attacks. Skirmisher and the Baneblade are useful for killing Drakes from blocking the bridge with ZoC. I don't think it's realistic to save much more than 2 keeps of recalls though.)
Attachments
EI-Evacuation replay 20240408-234826.gz
(82.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet