1.18 SP Campaign - A Tale of Two Brothers, Sire's Rework

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sire

1.18 SP Campaign - A Tale of Two Brothers, Sire's Rework

Post by Sire »

Notice: I am not affiliated with the mainline team or any of the ongoing campaign reworks. This campaign was simply made on a whim, and serves as an alternative telling of the existing story.
This is the general feedback thread for A Tale of Two Brothers, Sire's Rework. You can download the latest version using Battle for Wesnoth's Add-On Server using the 1.18 branch.
-- For the latest information on this campaign, such as changelogs, please check the latest posts.

The campaign is considered complete. Bug fixes and balance tweaks will be made if needed, but otherwise no further work is planned.
-- If this version is desired to make mainline, feel free to create a copy and make whatever modifications are desired. However, I will likely keep this version separate on the Add-On server.

= = = = = Description = = = = =

A retelling of the story of A Tale of Two Brothers. I have remade the campaign from scratch and tried to remain faithful to its original story. While the number of scenarios are the same, the story and setting has been expanded.

There's honestly not much else to say since AToTB already exists, so if you played that, you should know what to expect.

At any rate, I hope you enjoy my take on AToTB!

= = = = = Changelog = = = = =
Spoiler:
Current Projects: [Red Winter Reborn] || [A Tale of Two Brothers, Sire's Rework]
Scrapped Projects: [Sire's Scenarios]
Sire

Re: 1.18 SP Campaign - A Tale of Two Brothers, Sire's Rework

Post by Sire »

Version 1.1.0 has been uploaded to the Add-On server! Of note, the final scenario has been made more difficult by an increase in enemy gold as well an an addition of a new enemy faction.
-- This was done as the final scenario was deemed to be "too easy/basic," and it didn't really land the hype for being a final battle. Hopefully this change will make the finale more climatic and enjoyable of a scenario!

As an aside, I have only personally tested the campaign on Normal difficulty. I hope Easy is suitable for new players, while Hard provides an acceptable challenge for Wesnoth veterans. As always, any and all comments/feedback are welcomed!

Version 1.1.0 Changelog
-- Scenario 2 now has a more detailed note about the Elf Leader's death.
-- Scenario 3 now has a note explaining how the two map sections work.
-- Scenario 4 is now harder on all difficulties.
=== A new enemy has been added to Scenario 4.
=== Fixed a bug where Baran would say his lines when Arvith attacked.
Current Projects: [Red Winter Reborn] || [A Tale of Two Brothers, Sire's Rework]
Scrapped Projects: [Sire's Scenarios]
fishrose

Post by fishrose »

Excited to try this!
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

That's a nice rework of classic story. I would give leadership for Arvith and replace foolish behavior.
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"