Multiplayer era.

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Royal Midshipman > Royal Lieutenant > Royal Captain > Royal Admiral
Royal Soldier > Royal Marine > Royal Elite Marine
> Royal Grenadier
Royal Swordsman > Royal Swordmaster

Continental Officer line is the same as the Royal Line
Continental Scrapper > Continental Fighter > Continental Weaponmaster
Continental Soldier > Continental Minuteman > Continental Regular
> Continental Hunter > Continental Sharpshooter

I understand this will need some extensive work... It might look like the Continentals have an advantage, but I have my own ideas on how the balance will work out...

The Midshipman -> Admiral line is the basic leader line. Soldier -> Elite Marine will have musket and bayonet, Grenadier will have musket and grenade (fire attack). Swordsman line will be the generic melee fighter for the Royal faction, and will probably use a smallsword or sabre.

Continental Scrapper -> Weaponmaster will have a cutlass and a tomahawk, unsure of when they will be implemented (Scrapper might have a hunting knife and an axe, then a cutlass.) Minutemen and Regulars will have muskets and bayonets and slightly more movement than the Sharpshooter line, who will have rifles and knives/tomahawks, as well as the possibility of Marksman ability.

I was going to post Pirates as well, but I'm having a frightful lack of inspiration in that department as for names.... Only tree I have so far is Mate > Captain > King.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Maeglin Dubh wrote:I was going to post Pirates as well, but I'm having a frightful lack of inspiration in that department as for names.... Only tree I have so far is Mate > Captain > King.
If you use this tree, it would have to be for the hero (non-recruitable) tree. It is almost always a bad idea to have a recruitable unit that levels into a unit with an exclusive name (like Captain or King.)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

I actually meant Pirate Mate > Pirate Captain > Pirate King; but the point is accepted.
Rory

Post by Rory »

Sorry for not replying, death in the family. :(

I plan for it to be as a add-on, not official, because it's nothing like the style of Battle for Wesnoth.

Temuchin Khan: I like all the ideas for Different factions, except the last one. I don't think it would fit.

Maeglin Dubh: I don't plan for ships, but if i can be bothered with them, I might include them. The only thing is how would they be used? As a trasnport ship? Wouldn't that make it too easy to move around the map?

Assasin: If we decided to include ships, I suppose you could…

That's all I can comment on right now… I'll try to get around to anything else tomorrow after school.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Sorry for your loss.

For now, I think it will be easier to go without ships, and just work on ground troops. The ship/transport concept will be much different than the simple addition of new ground forces.

And from what I can tell, you want the factions to be...

Royal Navy
Continental Navy
Pirates
Privateers
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Maeglin Dubh wrote:Sorry for your loss.
Sorry for your loss.
Maeglin Dubh wrote:For now, I think it will be easier to go without ships, and just work on ground troops.
Then perhaps it should be "Continental Army" rather than "Continental Navy".

And what about my Islanders and rebellious Colonists? They would fit very well with this era, and would bring it up to six factions.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

I'm thinking that for now, it makes much more sense to do this land-based, something of a Colonial Era mod. It will also make things a little easier, as cavalry would have no place in ship-based combat, and would make it harder to come up with enough units to fill a faction. (Honestly, how many of you would recruit a Royal Splicer? Or a Continental Cabin Boy?)

So....

Royal Army (British Army)
Continental Army (European Army)
Revolutionists (American Revolutionaries)
Pirates
Privateers
Islanders
Rory

Post by Rory »

Yeh, as I was reading this, it accured to me that a colonial-type era would probably be better than pirates.

No time, at the moment, either. >_>

Maeglin Dubh, add me to msn. My emails are rory.bennett@hotmail.com or ereinioncalaelen@hotmail.com. Temuchin Khan
, you can add me too. :P