L3 Rocklobber: Troll Dwarflobber

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

(S)elfish weirdo
Location: Trying to finish Mystery campaigns without losses, have completed 0% of the maps so far.

L3 Rocklobber: Troll Dwarflobber

Post by (S)elfish weirdo »

I hereby present you with an L3 troll rocklobber: The Troll Dwarflobber:

(Note that I am a horrible artist)

Description: That the heads of dwarf are harder than rock is common knowledge among trolls, and it would therefore seem natural to throw dwarfs instead of rocks.
However, While the wars in knalga offer a steady supply of dwarfs to throw, most trolls are too weak to carry the heavy Dwarfs with them to battle - let alone throw them any large distance.
Those who do achieve this great feat are incredibly strong and greatly feared - not least among Dwarfs.

Hp: 62
Level 3
Chaotic
Moves: 4
Largefoot
Regenerates
Attacks: Fist: 13-2(impact), Dwarf:29-1(impact)
A statement within a signature is a body of absolutist assertions designed to shelter those who cannot abide the cold, hard realities of actually having to prove their claims.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

:shock:

That's a brilliant idea! ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

I think the Dwarflobber would make his victim drop his shield, because i think he would be more aerodynamic that way.

Also i think it would be cool, if the dwarflobber could only "reload" when he kills another unit. And the damage would be calculated by the size of the "projectile". Realisticly a lobbed drake would do much more damage than a shyde.

Can you do graphics of every major kind of unit that a Troll might want to lob?
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

Does he lob only "fresh" Dwarves?
If not, he could reasonably have the "poison" ability.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
(S)elfish weirdo
Location: Trying to finish Mystery campaigns without losses, have completed 0% of the maps so far.

They do lob only fresh dwarf; See a dwarf already smells bad enough as it is, the smell of a rottening dwarf would kill many trolls.
A statement within a signature is a body of absolutist assertions designed to shelter those who cannot abide the cold, hard realities of actually having to prove their claims.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

Wait. Dwarves have many sharp edges, should not it be blade damage?
But RIPLIB is problem then. :?
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

This could be the first unit with "pestilence" trait (debated in an old thread: I don't remember its name)
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

How about plague(Dwarvish Fighter)? If dwarf hit end enemy dies dwarf have
much chance to survive.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

But... what if the dwarve that the troll throwed survives? It could happen, on grass or in water...
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

I'm actually coding (in WML) this ability to grab an enemy unit and use it to make a ranged attack towards another enemy. It shouldn't take very long and if it works, I'll post it here.
Garm

Post by Garm »

the dwarf cant breath under water. And the enemy kills the dwarf everywhere
Veni vidi vici
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

omg, why didn't i think of this?

:lol:
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
(S)elfish weirdo

To be honest, Dwarfs often rot if the front is far away from knalga, killing the Troll wielders with the foul smell; to prevent this they freeze the dwarf during long journeys, this function is done by the Troll Dark Adept.

Description: The first Troll dark adepts began practicing their arts when the art of Dwarflobbing has recently been discovered.
The Trolls soon recognised the smelling problems with lobbing dwarfs as some of their most skilled lobbers fell to the scents from the rottening dwarfs.
So they found a necromancer which they tried to force to teach them the dark arts, the name and details of this necromancer have been lost but it is common knowledge among trolls that it responded to the threat of murder by killing itself and becoming an already dead lich.
AnNoyed by being outsmarted they tore throught the undead defenses (you have to keep in mind that this happened prior to version 1.1, meaning undead were seriously underpowered) and reached the lich, However now the lich agreed to teach the trolls, to their suprise.
But before the teaching could begin the lich was hit by a stray lobbed dwarf and destroyed; fortunanently the trolls found a copy of Dark arts for dummies lying around on the ground in a completly different and unrelated part of the world.

Unlike humans, trolls studying the mystic arts retain most of their resilience and strenght, mostly due to being to stupid to understand much of the dark arts.

Level 2
HP:51
Chaotic
Moves: 5
Largefoot
Regenerates
Attacks: 5-2 ice bolt (cold), 9-2 fist(impact)
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

(S)elfish weirdo wrote:To be honest, Dwarfs often rot if the front is far away from knalga, killing the Troll wielders with the foul smell; to prevent this they freeze the dwarf during long journeys, this function is done by the Troll Dark Adept.

Description: The first Troll dark adepts began practicing their arts when the art of Dwarflobbing has recently been discovered.
The Trolls soon recognised the smelling problems with lobbing dwarfs as some of their most skilled lobbers fell to the scents from the rottening dwarfs.
So they found a necromancer which they tried to force to teach them the dark arts, the name and details of this necromancer have been lost but it is common knowledge among trolls that it responded to the threat of murder by killing itself and becoming an already dead lich.
AnNoyed by being outsmarted they tore throught the undead defenses (you have to keep in mind that this happened prior to version 1.1, meaning undead were seriously underpowered) and reached the lich, However now the lich agreed to teach the trolls, to their suprise.
But before the teaching could begin the lich was hit by a stray lobbed dwarf and destroyed; fortunanently the trolls found a copy of Dark arts for dummies lying around on the ground in a completly different and unrelated part of the world.

Unlike humans, trolls studying the mystic arts retain most of their resilience and strenght, mostly due to being to stupid to understand much of the dark arts.

Level 2
HP:51
Chaotic
Moves: 5
Largefoot
Regenerates
Attacks: 5-2 ice bolt (cold), 9-2 fist(impact)
LOL we should add that as a branch of the whelp.
Sorry for the meaningless post
yeahthatguy

Post by yeahthatguy »

A Troll Dark Adapt? Oh boy, I'd hate to see a Troll Lich. :shock: