Vampires - offshoot of Werewolves (see Werewolves top first)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

turin wrote:There is no reason to say that werewolves and vampires are enemies other than it has appeared as such in a number of recent sources (movies, games, etc)... it's not tradition or anything.
In fact I put it to Isildor, or whoever said they hate each other that that is at least folklore wise untrue: Vampires have always had an affinity to the "Children of the Night" (If you are to make a faction, I would call it something like this)

To explain, I don't hate the idea, just think bloodlust isn't unique, and until you make them multi-dimensional, it just won't be any meaningful contribution, and kind of lackluster.

Drain attack is a must in some cases, thats true, and I would suggest at least one unit much like the walking corpse, if not just include that in the faction.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

My spin-take on Vampyres:

They are in fact what is also known as Immortals. All their special capabilities come from extremely charged blood and flesh. Drawback is, this often results in vampyres developing some personality issues. Self-control is an important part of education for anyone with vampiric blood on them.

They live merging within faraway settlements, and further their objectives through pretty much underground and outlawed ways, reason which they commonly hire mercenaries for large tasks.

On their objectives, well... the personality issues divide them among those who pursue less than healthy objectives, and those that are self-controlled and act as watchers over the world, also hunting down their dangerous brethen to avoid disaster.

Blood drinking is in fact a ritual for non-vampyres accepted into their secret lives. The blood does affect the drinker (called from now on "tainted"), and with training, these tainted can become great agents for the vampyres. Half-breeds can have training and be as good as a developed tainted, and if they push their heritage enough, they will become too fully vampiric, although the risk of developing personality issues comes with this bet.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

unfortunately the author of werewolves just said no, so you'll need to find something else to combine them with.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Ranger M wrote:unfortunately the author of werewolves just said no, so you'll need to find something else to combine them with.
Just because one person suggested werewolves doesn't give them jurisdiction over them. Anyone is free to make their own werewolf/vampire faction.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Yeah, but IMHO having two werewolf factions would look strane, unless it could be explained in a campaign, like only one or two clans of werewolves joined the allience, while the others were too proud, so they remained seperate. Or maybe most just didn't trust the vampires. (which could be shown by making only one/two werewolf lines, while the rest are mostly vampire.)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Uh... not all factions have to exist inside Wesnoth. In fact, most shouldn't. Your two werewolf eras could be mutually exclusive, for all anyone cares.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

I suppose so. :D