Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Unit image spring Clearing

Post by fmunoz »

As stated old in the past (in my wesnoth graphic page) some of the old unit images used in the game where heavily based in the old SNES game Ogre Battle.
For these new release (0.6.99.5) all units graphics with parts too similar to that game were redone.
Also as my pixel graphic skills have improved I redid some images too crappy and added alpha blended shadows. and alpha blended "sword swissshhh" too and ... more image frames and ...
The graphic change is not finished as there is allways room to improvement .
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

I'm curious, what units did you change? Anything major? I bet some of us have become rather attached to some of the unit artwork.
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Get the new release, I tried to keep the same feeling as the old images (same colours and same proportions) nothing mayor. You could see the the CVS webinterface or wait a a few hours (IIRC <4) for the next release.
Elves got a bit more defined armours, assasin got daggers instead a sword (to be in sync with cfg data file), orcs changed helmets and armours, warlord got 2 swords too instead of one. Triton got new trident... nothing too disrruptive.
Khiraly

Post by Khiraly »

fmunoz: can you update your site, or make a unit-tree in wiki page with images?

Because its a big help to translating the unit names ...

Cheers,
Khiraly
llogiq

You know, you can just use my perl script.

Post by llogiq »

See http://wesnoth.whitevine.net/forum/phpB ... .php?t=806. Why do I keep telling this? Because no one (including me) so far has set up some web space, copying the image folder to there and running the script.

To make this even easier, here is the sample output for 0.7 - if you have some webspace left, do the following:
  • 1. gunzip the file in some folder your web server does display.
    2. copy the images/ folder from the wesnoth source to this folder (or use a symbolic link if you have a filesystem that's worth the disk 8) )
    3. Tell it on the forum and wiki!
If you do not have web space, you can just copy the file below into your wesnoth source directory, gunzip it and view it from there.

By the way, looking at the tree for 0.7 shows that there are still many upgrade paths that lead to Liches and Ancient Liches. Since the script does not handle more than one unit upgrading to the same unit, you will see Liches in multiple places. All other units seem to be just fine.