Duncan's Sprite Gallery

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
DuncanDill

Duncan's Sprite Gallery

Post by DuncanDill »

Welcome to my humble abode, traveler, I hope you stay a while! Maybe you could look through my gallery to pass the time... If you need me message me 4:00-6:30 GMT or 17:30-19:00 GMT. Though I should be available all day on weekends The lavatory is on the right if you need it. Feel free to sift through my art,critique it, or even change it! Well, I must bid farewell, my cat is whining.
Last edited by DuncanDill on May 4th, 2024, 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts - William Shakespeare
viewtopic.php?p=689462#p689462 Gaze at my art :D
DuncanDill

Re: Duncan's Sprite Gallery

Post by DuncanDill »

Ah! That was one of my early pieces, a cat. Technically, I just changed somebody else's to look more natural, but I feel it turned out well. You are free to use this anywhere, as long as you give credit :D Would you like to walk further down the hall?
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts - William Shakespeare
DuncanDill

Post by DuncanDill »

This is one of my most recent compositions. It is based on Arvith from A Tale of Two Brothers, and I am rather pleased with how it turned out. Though, the lance could use some work.I would most appreciate if you do not use this, as it is a rather unique unit, that is easily recognizable. However, if you want to use it for Arvith in anything you work on, that is alright, with proper credit obviously :lol:
DuncanDill

Post by DuncanDill »

ImageImageImageImage

These are some sprites of Halric, from level 0 to 3. I am incredibly happy with how these turned out, but the hand on level 3 could be done better. Like the cat, you can use these where ever you want, as long as you give credit
DuncanDill

Post by DuncanDill »

Now I know this is just a recolour, but it could be useful to others. I present, a polar bear, with all animated sprites and even a portrait. (Yes this is just a normal bear)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Here is the unit file

Code: Select all

#textdomain wesnoth-units
[unit_type]
    id=Polar Bear
    name= _ "Polar Bear"
    race=monster
    image=data/add-ons/<YOUR_CAMPAIGN_NAME>/images/Polarbear.png
    profile=images/bear.png
    hitpoints=54
    movement_type=mountainfoot
    movement=6
    experience=120
    level=3
    alignment=chaotic
    advances_to=null
    cost=43
    usage=fighter
    description= _ "Polar Bears are large, powerful beasts with large, vicious teeth. Adapted to roaming the snow planes, they have a keen sense of smell and hearing, but poor eyesight. When a rival predator, or some other threat, gets too close, the bear will reliably attack."
    die_sound=drake-die.ogg
    undead_variation=wolf
    [standing_anim]
        start_time=-50
        [frame]
            image=data/add-ons/<YOUR_CAMPAIGN_NAME>/images/Polarbear.png
        [/frame]
    [/standing_anim]
    [defense]
        frozen=60
        flat=60
        castle=50
    [/defense]
    [attack]
        name=fangs
        description= _"fangs"
        icon=attacks/fangs-animal.png
        type=blade
        range=melee
        damage=5
        number=3
	[specials]
		{WEAPON_SPECIAL_BERSERK}
	[/specials]
    [/attack]
    [attack_anim]
        [filter_attack]
            name=fangs
        [/filter_attack]
        start_time=-650
        offset=0.0:400,0.0~0.6:250,0.6~0.0:400
        [frame]
            image=data/add-ons/<YOUR_CAMPAIGN_NAME>/images/bear-bite[1~6].png:[150,200,150,150,170,230]
        [/frame]
        {SOUND:HIT_AND_MISS bite.ogg {SOUND_LIST:MISS} -100}
    [/attack_anim]
[/unit_type]

You are free to use this wherever you like, and only need to give credit for the code, as the art is barely mine :D
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Do you have the zip file of these images? Can you upload it here?
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
DuncanDill

Post by DuncanDill »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: May 4th, 2024, 9:56 am Do you have the zip file of these images? Can you upload it here?

Of course, here it is :)
Attachments
PolarbearImages.zip
The polar bear images
(310.19 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
DuncanDill

Post by DuncanDill »

This is one of the most magnificent creatures of ancient times, the sphinx Image. This version is based on both Greek and Egyptian types, and I feel the body is done well. The head, however, is a bit messy. Any thoughts :hmm: ? As always, you are free to use it in UMC with credit obviously. :eng:
DuncanDill

Post by DuncanDill »

Image Here is a quick snippet of a faction I'm working on :D
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

You seems to be a skilled artist :) We're currently looking for a sprite and portait of dwarvish jeweler, could you help us in this matter?

viewtopic.php?t=57067
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
DuncanDill

Post by DuncanDill »

holypaladin wrote: May 4th, 2024, 1:12 pm You seems to be a skilled artist :) We're currently looking for a sprite and portait of dwarvish jeweler, could you help us in this matter?

viewtopic.php?t=57067
Gladly :D
DuncanDill

Post by DuncanDill »

A sprite for Jessene I made. Please do not use this anywhere. Open to thoughts on this one though!
DuncanDill

Post by DuncanDill »

cannibal.png (1.7 KiB) Viewed 469 times
maneater.png (1.73 KiB) Viewed 469 times
liz'rker.png (1.98 KiB) Viewed 469 times
These are some saurains I made in collabaration with Refumee! The art is by me, but he has animated them in his pack. You can use them if you give credit to me and refumee
Last edited by DuncanDill on May 6th, 2024, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Hmm, I really like these saurians. Might be an open slot for these guys in my campaign(s).
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
DuncanDill

Post by DuncanDill »

Some elves I made :D Feel free to use them (with credit of course)
big
big
archerb.png (13.1 KiB) Viewed 223 times
small
small
archer.png (2.98 KiB) Viewed 223 times