[In Progress] Mal-Tour Prank 1

Moderator: Forum Moderators

matto

Re: [In Progress] Double Style Tournament - 2v2 Tourney #4

Post by matto »

Bilbo_Sacket wrote: May 5th, 2024, 7:42 pm The game between the Conquistadores, and The Knights of the Round Desk will take place on May 6, 2024 at 3:00pm UTC+1.
The Round lasts 1 week, tomorrow isn't possible to play your game, tho if its the second game, play it, your score will be changed later.

Meanwhile the new Round Starts tomorrow.
Lexa04 wrote: May 5th, 2024, 6:02 am The Undead Heroes of Irdya team surrenders, because my partner can't find time to play, we are very sorry :cry: . And so Dire Draugr wins, especially since they've already won one match against us
Post your replays guys.

Looks like this Tournament going to be a disaster xDD
Last edited by matto on May 6th, 2024, 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
matto

Post by matto »

obrdobr (unterwassermann & jsemtuzas) has been kicked out for being AFK on Round#1

inverse (SkyEnd & Pentarctagon) Left Round#1

The Undead Heroes of Irdya (lexa04 & NursultanYulyakbay) Left Round#1

The Odd Round is back! I guess the Tournament Starts now :doh:, i will probably turn the Top4 into a Top3 and the Total Rounds to [4], to make up for the turbulent Round#1

Odd Rule:
3 Teams out of the 5 will play in the Odd Round.
The 3 Teams will fight between each other in a Bo1 on different Map from Normal Round.
Exemple:
Round#2 - Starts: May 6th | Last: May 12th

MAP1 & MAP2: Bath of Glory and Loris River

Cooking Killers (zen-cat & matto) vs Mischievous Munchkins (w0lfy & Tomi)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Odd Round#2: - Starts: May 6th | Last: May 12th

MAP: Clash

The Knights of the Round Desk (Bilbo_Sacket & subwoofer) vs Conquistadores (Megac1 & StonyDrew)

The Knights of the Round Desk (Bilbo_Sacket & subwoofer) vs Dire Draugr (Hjalte & CrossBreed)

Conquistadores (Megac1 & StonyDrew) vs Dire Draugr (Hjalte & CrossBreed)
Last edited by matto on May 6th, 2024, 6:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lexa04
Translator

Post by Lexa04 »

matto wrote: May 5th, 2024, 8:35 pm
Post your replays guys.

I'm sending the replay. But it seems that I've worded my previous message a bit incorrectly, sorry for that. Unfortunately, we have to entirely quit the tournament, because my partner doesn't have time to play.
Attachments
4p — Isar’s Cross replay 20240502-232036.gz
(28.77 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
The only Ukrainian translator alive and founder of Ukrainian Irdya Project
matto

Post by matto »

Lexa04 wrote: May 6th, 2024, 9:55 am
matto wrote: May 5th, 2024, 8:35 pm
Post your replays guys.

I'm sending the replay. But it seems that I've worded my previous message a bit incorrectly, sorry for that. Unfortunately, we have to entirely quit the tournament, because my partner doesn't have time to play.
Oh okay, trully a disaster, see yaa then. I will update the Pairings now.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Given like 90% of MP players use Steam, posting tournament threads on the Steam forums as well might help with getting more people to join at least.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Skyend

Post by Skyend »

rip mate, try 1v1 PYRA maybe?
StonyDrew

Post by StonyDrew »

Pentarctagon wrote: May 6th, 2024, 9:39 pm Given like 90% of MP players use Steam, posting tournament threads on the Steam forums as well might help with getting more people to join at least.
it's on the mp server, shouldn't that be enough xD
“The way up and the way down are one and the same”
-Heraclitus-
“This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures.”
StonyDrew

Post by StonyDrew »

just with 2v2 more variables are added so scheduling games can be difficult
-Heraclitus-
“This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures.”
Bilbo_Sacket

Post by Bilbo_Sacket »

just with 2v2 more variables are added so scheduling games can be difficult
I concur.
Bilbo_Sacket

Post by Bilbo_Sacket »

it's on the mp server, shouldn't that be enough xD
It took three or four days to work out a date, I propose setting up a discord server for tournaments to speed up communication. Several reasons supporting this include notifications, when you receive a private message, and a posting format that more easily supports conversations allowing misunderstandings to be worked out in a conversation format in a matter of minutes instead of days. This I believe was in large part why the game between the conquistadores and myself was a bust.
matto

Post by matto »

Pentarctagon wrote: May 6th, 2024, 9:39 pm Given like 90% of MP players use Steam, posting tournament threads on the Steam forums as well might help with getting more people to join at least.
Yeah nice idea, i will do that for the next one, tho i think Henje did that and didn't get much support for his event. There is to say i wasn't asking anybody in the MP lobby if they wanted to join, thats how you get most players.
Skyend wrote: May 6th, 2024, 9:46 pm rip mate, try 1v1 PYRA maybe?
Nah, never give up xD
StonyDrew wrote: May 6th, 2024, 10:21 pm it's on the mp server, shouldn't that be enough xD
You mean the "Daily Message"? In my opinion it is so hard to notice and if it is made to be like a MMO daily quests pop-up it will just be a nuisance to click off everytime, i guess it can be a pop-up that appears when a new Tournament is posted, or when it changes phase from [discussion] to [open] to [progression].
Bilbo_Sacket wrote: May 7th, 2024, 1:48 am It took three or four days to work out a date, I propose setting up a discord server for tournaments to speed up communication. Several reasons supporting this include notifications, when you receive a private message, and a posting format that more easily supports conversations allowing misunderstandings to be worked out in a conversation format in a matter of minutes instead of days. This I believe was in large part why the game between the conquistadores and myself was a bust.
Agree i made a discord so that it is easier to plan out games, hopefully everyone that is left will join.

Link: https://discord.com/invite/4wBzBWeaAP
Bilbo_Sacket

Post by Bilbo_Sacket »

match between The Knights of the Round Desk, and the Conquestidores attempt 2 will take place on May 8th, at 3:00pm Mountain Daylight Time.
StonyDrew

Post by StonyDrew »

Conquistadores over The Knights of the Round Desk rd2 g1

they are pretty good for Americans ;)
4p — Clash replay 20240508-150330.gz
g1 round 2 DST#4
(35.47 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
-Heraclitus-
Mal-Tour

Re: [In Progress] Mal-Tour Prank "1"

Post by Mal-Tour »

MAP: Wose Grove

PAIRINGS

Cooking Killers (zen-cat & matto) vs Conquistadores (Megac1 & StonyDrew)

The Knights of the Round Desk (Bilbo_Sacket & subwoofer) vs Dire Draugr (Hjalte & CrossBreed)