[Complete] Tournament of Champions 4

Moderator: Forum Moderators

3vil

Re: Tournament of Champions 4

Post by 3vil »

Grrr,
I have been trying to contact you in the lobby,
I am CST(UTC-6) I will be working friday but can slip games in before or after.
today during day I can play, tomorrow I could schedule a game.
Saturday or sunday but I would prefer to set a time on those days so I can fill in my other plans.....
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

Okay, round three.

Of the six people remaining, I've decided to go with a six game round robin.
This is the way it will work: the three people in your bracket must play each other three this round for a total of six games. The winner is the one with the most wins. In event of a tie, its going down to a one game tiebreaker. It should be interesting, and different. I earlier toyed with a four game round, but decided against it due to time. I think you all should enjoy this. Comments are welcome... I want to have this started by tomorrow, and the round will run two weeks.
I suspect having one foot in the past is the best way to understand the present.

Don Hewitt.
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

I am looking forward to it! :)

Just to clarify though, we have 6 players remaining, so if we each play the other 5, that will be 5 games rather than 6 I think? Also: I'm assuming that we can just schedule these games ASAP at whatever times work with the other players (in no particular order).
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
krotop
2009 Map Contest Winner

Post by krotop »

Wintermute, you are playing three games against Baufo, and 3 games against Grrr, you're not playing against contesters from Eurasian brackets until final. Have fun all, and fair luck.
Don't trust me, I'm just average player.
Game feedback for the Nightmares of Meloen
Art feedback by mystic x the unknown
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

ah, of course, thanks.
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Noy requested 3 maps for the upcoming round, and here they are:

1. Silverhead Crossing
2. Howling Ghost Badlands *
3. Sablestone Delta

*Yes, the "new" one from the dev branch (which is included with the update packs you already have). :) I'm very comfortable with its current level of balance, but if anyone seriously objects, we can talk about it, and I may replace it with Freelands. I personally think it'd be great to have tournament matches played on a map that its players are not too practiced on.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

Okay, the rules. You play everybody in your bracket three times according to the maps provided, but you can mix the schedule up between the two opponents (you don't need to play all three in a row vs one). At the end of the round we'll tabulate the results. The top in the bracket will win. Now if there is a two way tie, its the winner of the best of three series should advance. Should the unlikely event occur that all three are tied, then we might have to do another best of three. I'd to have the round complete in two weeks time... maybe by December 7th... but if you can do it earlier, that would rock.
I suspect having one foot in the past is the best way to understand the present.

Don Hewitt.
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

grrr and I will play our first game on Friday, Nov 28th at 23:00 UTC (6PM New York Time), or perhaps a little earlier if we are both early. :wink:
grrr

Post by grrr »

After now having played 3 out of my 6 games (1 won, 2 lost) I am thoroughly fed up. Yeah, bad games happen, I know all that. And perhaps I did not play particularly well either, to say the least. Overall, I got further than what I expected, and I had some nice games. But this round proves too difficult for me, so I do what is the likely outcome: I concede utter defeat. Therefore, this round ends for me with 1:5. Have fun with your matches, winter & baufo. Both of you deserve to get to the finals.
Swift

Post by Swift »

sniff.... what a heroic deed!
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

The maps for the Finals will be:

1. The Freelands

2. Sulla's Ruins

3. Den of Onis

4. Hamlets

5. (if needed) Caves of the Basilisk

6. (if needed) Silverhead Crossing

7. (if needed) Fallenstar Lake

Best of luck to Wintermute and Pagan! I have a feeling that this is going to be a great Finals. :)
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
TheMasterOfBattle

Post by TheMasterOfBattle »

Doc Paterson wrote:I have a feeling that this is going to be a great Finals. :)
QFT!

I can't wait to observe these games when they happen. They should be EPIC. :)
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

A technicality to be sure, but who should start off as P1? Can we get an offical coin flip or something? :D
TheMasterOfBattle

Post by TheMasterOfBattle »

hehe, how do you do that on a forum? XD

Makes me like of an interesting option though for a feature. An option that randomizes who is which player. Not sure if it is possible to code such a thing though. :hmm:
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

TheMasterOfBattle wrote:hehe, how do you do that on a forum? XD

Makes me like of an interesting option though for a feature. An option that randomizes who is which player. Not sure if it is possible to code such a thing though. :hmm:
Easier solution. Coin Toss

Even gives you the time stamp so you can take a screenshot to prove you flipped it when the other person said go. ;)
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time