* * * Tournament of Champions Results * * *

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

Pietro wrote:
Hellrider wrote: Who would stop Doc + Soliton :wink:
What about well known team POG? :twisted: :twisted:

But surelly Soliton + Soliton would be favourite number 1 :lol:

I think that 2v2 tournament will be more interesting, because it's much more
harder to cooperate strategy of great players...
Uhh actually I find it enhances my gameplay because I can bounce off ideas with my teamate and we can discuss strategy,

Thats especially with my teamate for the tournament who I've played with longer than anybody else.
Koles

Post by Koles »

I made a small movie of one game and I would like to know if the idea to make a movie of the whole tournament is a good one. Please check out the topic :)

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13041
Trolls Trolls Trolls :-]
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

Excellent idea koles and nice music. I thought the speed was perfect. I would love to see more movies :) ALthough i wish you used a higher resoution setting so we could see the context more :)

Anyway thanks again I really liked this.
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
suvorov

Pietro versus Suvorov

Post by suvorov »

So far the match is 1-1 between Pietro and I. He played dwarves against my elves in the first round, and won. In the second match (Den of Onis) I won as trolls versus the undead.

We should play the next games in the following day or so. Good luck Pietro! ;)
It is good that war is terrible, lest we grow too fond.

-Robert E. Lee
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

Wintermute vs Dragonking - so far 1:1

Replays can be found here. :-)

UPDATE

Now it is 2:2 - replays.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

JW has not shown all weekend so chameleon is going to take his spot. I feel this is fair as he is about the same skill level when he is playing well, and JW had plenty of chances.

I didn't want to advance without actually playing, that would be lame, and defeat the purpose.
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
JW

Post by JW »

Becephalus wrote:JW has not shown all weekend so chameleon is going to take his spot. I feel this is fair as he is about the same skill level when he is playing well, and JW had plenty of chances.

I didn't want to advance without actually playing, that would be lame, and defeat the purpose.
Hmmm...whatever you guys choose. I wanted to forfeit to Bece anyway since I've kinda lost interest in addition to making him wait for me the other day. (For some odd reason he refused a forfeit :p)
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Sorry, but I don't think it's at all acceptable to make a substitution in the second round. (It's also not been my observation that Chameleon is anywhere near as skilled as JW is, but to each his own opinion I suppose)

Didn't I send a PM to you guys, saying that you could schedule your matches when it was convenient, as long as they were in by next Saturday? I thought I said something to that effect to at least one of you.....
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

And after looong and exhausting, but yet great game, I managed to defeat Wintermute in our 5th game. Replay can be found here.

It was great game - thanks a lot Wintermute!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Tournaments? If I would've known that...! :(
chameleon_effect

Post by chameleon_effect »

I may not be always the jam, but I have my moments, Doc. Before the tourney started I and Suvorov played a set of games which I had a best of. Becephalus and I played the first two games of the tourney set. I can send you those replays if you would like.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

I think one of the reasons Doc is saying a mid-round entry is bad. Is because you may have, by chance, been knocked out and thereby this match may have never taken place.

If JW either forefiets or cannot play, I suggest that no sub matches be played, only for fun though, and that Bece goes through to the next round.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
chameleon_effect

Post by chameleon_effect »

It's up to you guys, ultimately. All I can say is that I still really want to play, and JW doesn't seem to care about it, which is too bad. Though neither of us were in our best form, my games against Becephalus went relatively well and so far we are 2-0.
suvorov

Post by suvorov »

While you're at it Cham, can you take on Pietro for me?

He's kicking my butt!

:roll:
It is good that war is terrible, lest we grow too fond.

-Robert E. Lee
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

chameleon_effect wrote:It's up to you guys, ultimately. All I can say is that I still really want to play, and JW doesn't seem to care about it, which is too bad. Though neither of us were in our best form, my games against Becephalus went relatively well and so far we are 2-0.

That's great, but it really has no relevancy to this tournament, for which you did not sign up or defeat anyone to advance to Round Two.

If you think that not allowing Round Two entrees is unfair, I'd recommend running your own tournament, with looser rules (one such tournament has never been completed, despite several tries).
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme