1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tofudragon7

Re: 1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by tofudragon7 »

Trying to return to this campaign after many years. However, in 1.18, I get the following error contantly on the world map:

<Lua error> ~add-ons/Bad_Moon_Rising/lua/Recall_Menu.lua:248: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (local 'calc_temp')

It's crashing my game — anything I can do to fix it?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

tofudragon7 wrote: April 25th, 2024, 12:06 pm Trying to return to this campaign after many years. However, in 1.18, I get the following error contantly on the world map:

<Lua error> ~add-ons/Bad_Moon_Rising/lua/Recall_Menu.lua:248: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (local 'calc_temp')

It's crashing my game — anything I can do to fix it?
Thanks for the report. I think I've fixed it in this commit, and will update the add-on later, after I've made sure there isn't something else that needs to be in there. After the update, autosaves won't be fixed, but any worldmap start after a skirmish or shop should be fine.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.18.3 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.18 add-on server.
- fix units lacking initialization for worldmap Recall dialog
- new optional mini-scenario near P2 beginning
- wire in new hot springs terrain
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Phil_Raju

Re: 1.14 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by Phil_Raju »

doofus-01 wrote: November 18th, 2019, 5:15 am
WackoJacko wrote: November 17th, 2019, 12:38 pm Hi Doofus,
I don't think i explained myself well. The scenario starts with the peasant in the middle. Then we fight and the battle ends where (I'm assuming) Lorenzon is meant to talk with her, instead he just has a one-sided conversation and I can suddenly recruit archers. I think the game broke somewhere because I tried to watch my replay and encountered a bunch of error messages after the first turn, it is attached below. Unfortunately I no longer have any of the autosaves, just the replay and the original file (also attached).

With regards to the Ghost Queen, good! I thought I may have broken the game even more :lol:
Hah, maybe you somehow won without the archers showing up to attack the royal forces. Thanks for the files, I'll check them out. This really helps with bug-fixing, if this is a campaign-specific bug.
Hey,
This happened to me too, I played BMR on BoW 1.18.0 and Raenna didnt appear in BMR1, I kept playing tho until I BMR3 where I couldnt win without Raenna. Unfortunately some of the save files seemed to have been automatically cleared, should I upload the save files that I have?